• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Issues with Edward Green Service. Somewhat resolved. UPDATE 4/5

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by William Bruce
No, it's not. There are a pair of shoes, common. You never play with that or I call Obama straight away without hesitating.
cheers.gif

Obama says **** recrafting.
obama-shoes-400.jpg

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please Please dont be doing this thread !!!!! Just about to spend good money on my first pair of full price EG's and you go an do this thread !!!! I'm distraught.......
frown.gif
censored.gif

LatinStyleLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
USD344.57 plus further shipping cost?

When blokes around here sell new EGs for USD650-450 you would have to consider that recraft a ripoff. An AE recraft is like USD100 right?

These were the first pair of nice shoes I have ever owned, given to me by my dad (so they cost me nothing). They fit beautifully and are extremely comfortable. $344.57 plus shipping to EG is worth the price, IF they turn out nice. If they did to them what was done here then, yes, it would be a rip-off. I will know early next week, I hope.

As to those selling EG's here? I agree, some amazing deals and I am considering a pair as I write this, but these are quite special to me. My total, personal, investment in these shoes is $344.57 and shipping so assuming they turn out as nice as the pair bengalstripe did a while back (and mine appear to be the same shoes he had) it will have been well worth the price, in the end. Recrafting is not for everyone, clearly, but it works well for some.

Canary Wharf

Reaction score
I don't think you are overreacting at all.

I often look at the EGs black oxford captoes and wonder if they are really worth £200 more than C&J Audleys. You would at least expect the service to be outstanding for that money.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rebel - Sorry to see the easily avoidable damage done to the Chelseas. I think EG should credit you the $140 for all the shipping you had to deal with and that way you can put on metal toe taps and have a cobber here remove the stains. Seems only fair they do that. EG is definitely having some growing pains these days in terms of their customer service.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unacceptable, given the brand and the prices that they charge.

I am, quite honestly, surprised.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cost of recraft...$100
Time it takes to get your shoes back...priceless

For everything else there's topy.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I called the factory this morning, per Spoo's recommendation.

I spoke with the production manager, Alex. He was very apologetic, and he made the same comments as Bengal. He stated that this should not happen because they wrap the uppers in plastic. He noted that the girl that completes the polishing must not have noticed it. He did not state how this could happen, which I'm curious about.

He said that the edge dressing is water soluble, so it is easily removed. He is working on the details of having the shoes sent back, at EGs expense, to take care of the issues. He is supposed to write back in a few hours. I will update this thread as more details come.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that EG is making a reasonable effort to resolve these issues.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Glad to hear that EG is making a reasonable effort to resolve these issues.

+1. Just be sure to stay on top of them. Actions speak louder than words. Hopefully they'll get someone devoted to simply responding to emails soon.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
+1. Just be sure to stay on top of them. Actions speak louder than words. Hopefully they'll get someone devoted to simply responding to emails soon.

I doubt it...

Most companies are under-staffed at the moment...

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on this thread, I emailed EG last night to confirm the details of my Newmarket recrafting (Ray jotted down some longhand notes in their book while I was there). Chris replied this morning confirming all the details (HAF sole, replace sock liner, metal toe taps), so the order was correct going into the factory...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
So I called the factory this morning, per Spoo's recommendation.

I spoke with the production manager, Alex. He was very apologetic, and he made the same comments as Bengal. He stated that this should not happen because they wrap the uppers in plastic. He noted that the girl that completes the polishing must not have noticed it. He did not state how this could happen, which I'm curious about.

He said that the edge dressing is water soluble, so it is easily removed. He is working on the details of having the shoes sent back, at EGs expense, to take care of the issues. He is supposed to write back in a few hours. I will update this thread as more details come.

Good news. The phone is always a better tool than email in situations like this. Emails are great, easy, and handy for "evidence", but to deliver a point, make a complaint, or get noticed, the phone (or face to face) is your #1 tool.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Good news. The phone is always a better tool than email in situations like this. Emails are great, easy, and handy for "evidence", but to deliver a point, make a complaint, or get noticed, the phone (or face to face) is your #1 tool.

E-mails are unpersonal and that's the problem..

Face-to-face is the best tool because you force the person to confront the problem...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads