• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ISO: Brown Suede shoes...

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so.. on my path of sartorial enlightenment I have come to the frank realization that I am missing brown suede shoes in my shoe lineup.

Having queried my better half.. and to my surprise her admission of liking said shoe style I have come to th elearned here at SF to gain more knowledge of the choices that exist for the revered brown suede.

I saw an ad in B&S from a fellow SF'er for the AE monk shoe but my wife quickly vetoes the monk/buckle style.

I did see these in Ron's ebay store and my wife likes them.. I think the laceup is the feature she likes, not necessairly the wingtip but I think she'd accept the wingtip.

I like the price but alas they are not my size. Are there any other brands out there that you learned folke recommend?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you have lots of choices, e.g.

suede cap toes / perf caps / medallion caps

alden 2834 (shoe mart)
alfred sargent cranford
alfred sargent dulwich
alfred sargent euston
alfred sargent gatcombe
alfred sargent highglove
brooks brothers
church's diplomat
church's edward
crockett and jones belgrave
crockett and jones connaught
crockett and jones westfield

suede wingtips

alden AF86 (alden of carmel)
alden 904 (alden shop SF)
allen edmonds bel air
allen edmonds cambridge
allen edmonds quinton
brooks brothers
cheaney grosvenor
church's amersham
church's brisbane
church's charles
church's chetwynd
church's fairfield
crockett and jones drummond
tricker's picadilly

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL store on Newbury has brown Mackays in suede for a highly reasonable $1250

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want them with a rubber sole, C&J also has the Swansea and a new model called the Worcester (it's also a derby, but a plaintoe without any broguing and with a thinner rubber sole). Theyre both on the 341 last.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J has at least 5 different models that they offer in suede. They can be sourced at plal.com relatively cheaper..

95///M3

Reaction score
I have a pair of Brooks Brothers wingtip in size 9.5D for sale, new in box.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J Belgraves

lmaligaya

Reaction score
why so much influence from your wife? I understand that she might have a personal preference with your wardrobe, but personally I feel that if she saw the shoe you really want, monk strap or wingtip or whatever, in good context (WAYWT thread) that she might be more willing to open up and you can get what you really want.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.8%
  • 31 - 40