• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia vs Zegna

suitedcboy

Reaction score
If you are buying 2 RTW and 1 MTM then pricing may be discounted for volume. Then the new question becomes, "Is Isaia or Zegna less expensive when buying multiple suits at once?"
No one really wanted this to stop now did they?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are buying 2 RTW and 1 MTM then pricing may be discounted for volume. Then the new question becomes, "Is Isaia or Zegna less expensive when buying multiple suits at once?"

...and does it depend on location?

KING332

Reaction score
which one will be cheaper

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you pick the cheaper option you'll be the butt of all jokes at your next Bunga Bunga party :(

Stone2109

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Zegna 2RTW+1MTM average price is 16.000$
Isaia 2RTW+1MTM average price is 18.000$

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zegna 2RTW+1MTM average price is 16.000$
Isaia 2RTW+1MTM average price is 18.000$

If you go with Zegna to save $2k, would you use the savings to purchase something from Isaia or Zegna? Which is more expensive?

fabricateurialist

Reaction score
If you go with Zegna to save $2k, would you use the savings to purchase something from Isaia or Zegna? Which is more expensive?

long time Zegna customer, so the prices will be European ;)
Zegna MTM starts at 2k for the category 1 fabrics, which include flannels
cat 3 which includes their iconic Trofeo and has been raised to 3200 from 3k pre-pandemic

Couture cut/models in cat 3 fabrics start at 4700, and include 70%-80% handwork

At the beginning of every season, Zegna runs a promo where you'd get 300 off your next order MTM, this could be supplemented by a MTM shirt (not all fabrics included) or store credit to spend on RTW

They've been modifying this recently in their push for broader fashion appeal, and you will instead get a free knitwear garment, during the summer in premium cotton, and in the previous winter season it included high-performance wool, this could be anything from a polo to a v-neck sweater in said fabrics respectively

so just FYI there are tons of US customers who order their MTM in Europe because it's less than RTW in the US

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
You guys are out of control. :brick:

I own 9 Zegnas, 7 of which are Milanos, and 10 Isaias.

Some of my best suits are from both brands, so its hard for me to choose between the two.
Zegna's Trofeo fabric is beautiful, and Isaia's Delain select is exquisite. Based on my small sample, Isaia fabrics tend to be more durable, and their colors and patterns are bolder.

I've decided not to buy any more Zegnas, and in the future, I intend to focus on Attolini, Kiton, Sartoria Formosa, Sartoria Partenopea and other Neapolitan brands. I may even try my hand at bespoke, if I ever visit Naples.

fabricateurialist

Reaction score
You guys are out of control. :brick:

I own 9 Zegnas, 7 of which are Milanos, and 10 Isaias.

Some of my best suits are from both brands, so its hard for me to choose between the two.
Zegna's Trofeo fabric is beautiful, and Isaia's Delain select is exquisite. Based on my small sample, Isaia fabrics tend to be more durable, and their colors and patterns are bolder.

I've decided not to buy any more Zegnas, and in the future, I intend to focus on Attolini, Kiton, Sartoria Formosa, Sartoria Partenopea and other Neapolitan brands. I may even try my hand at bespoke, if I ever visit Naples.
Agreed on the durability, the fineness of Zegna's fabrics comes at the cost of durability over time

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
Agreed on the durability, the fineness of Zegna's fabrics comes at the cost of durability over time
Not all of them. Microsphere seems durable. I can't stand high performance. Trofeo is my favorite, but its not that robust, and Trofeo 600 is thin and relatively fragile. All Season Twill is just ok. I'm sure there are many others I haven't tried.

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
What's strange about both Zegna and Isaia, is that you cannot guarantee how the suit will fit from its sizing and type. Not all Isaias of the same size and body-type fit alike. Zegna is somewhat more standardized, but I've also noted a variation in length of Zegna jackets especially.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads