• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia Tenero suit

jgeorge322

Reaction score
First off, new to the forum, so hello. Second, I was looking at new suits and found an Isaia "Tenero" model suit online. I was curious what the Tenero means (assume it's the model) and how much these suits typically retail for. Are they worth $900? Appreciate the advice in advance.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s actually a model for the old Eidos (a sub line for Isaia), if it was made to same Eidos quality then 900 is definitely on the high side

jgeorge322

Reaction score
That’s actually a model for the old Eidos (a sub line for Isaia), if it was made to same Eidos quality then 900 is definitely on the high side

thats what i thought at first too but the suit has only isaia tags and labeling, and the seller is reputable. He indicates the suit was made for a high end shop in italy called eddy monetti. Assuming it is a brand new isaia with tags, is $900 fair?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When Antonio left they did a lot things with the leftover fabrics via various Isaia factories so the sizing was all over the place, just that alone makes me a bit hesitant. Do you have Tereno before? If you haven’t even worn prior I would skip

jgeorge322

Reaction score
heres an update w some photos. I think you may be right—this was an eidos suit that isaia rebranded when it left the suit business. The inner lining still has the eidos logo on it. However, the material is really nice, super 130s. Im probably going to return it because i doubt it is well built as a isaia suit but it is full canvas and has a nice shape to it. Wanted to get your thoughts though after seeing some photos.

papado

Reaction score
There's a lot of Eidos items rebradned as Isaia all over ebay and different places (like Yoox as well). It's not illegitimate but it's not 'mainline' Isaia items. You can likely get some mainline Isaia suits for 100-200 more on ebay so I'd try that if you're looking for it.

jgeorge322

Reaction score
There's a lot of Eidos items rebradned as Isaia all over ebay and different places (like Yoox as well). It's not illegitimate but it's not 'mainline' Isaia items. You can likely get some mainline Isaia suits for 100-200 more on ebay so I'd try that if you're looking for it.

whats a good price on the isaia mainline?

papado

Reaction score
whats a good price on the isaia mainline?

Really depends on what your comfort level is and what models may work for you. I managed to get a 'Gregorio/Gregory' fit suit from Sartoriale for like $600 once :) But the main people I buy from on eBay you can find them in the 1000-1400 range. Possibly lower as well depending on what models you want and the suit options.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
heres an update w some photos. I think you may be right—this was an eidos suit that isaia rebranded when it left the suit business. The inner lining still has the eidos logo on it. However, the material is really nice, super 130s. Im probably going to return it because i doubt it is well built as a isaia suit but it is full canvas and has a nice shape to it. Wanted to get your thoughts though after seeing some photos.
View attachment 1298754 View attachment 1298755 View attachment 1298756 View attachment 1298757

If it works I’ll keep it, fit is number one anyway would take a well fitted fused suit over bad fit with best handwork...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really depends on what your comfort level is and what models may work for you. I managed to get a 'Gregorio/Gregory' fit suit from Sartoriale for like $600 once :) But the main people I buy from on eBay you can find them in the 1000-1400 range. Possibly lower as well depending on what models you want and the suit options.

gregory for like just under $1k is probably quite achievable though didn’t Isaia has a lot more models these days. Gregory is kind the generic short ish jacket/high ish gorge contemporary jacket

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics