• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

isaia suit opinion

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the color and pattern, but I can't tell the model. In Isaia the models differ greatly and his shot of the inside tag is poorly shot not including most of the tag.

12017dtl1.jpg

Search the forums for other comments on the seller. That retail price is bloated since this was the last generation of the top of the line Isaia, the new stuff has a red label but both are great quality.

I don't know what he actually plans on selling it for but the BIN is high.

jimbonyc

Reaction score
thanks, i'll do a search for the seller. i agree the BIN is pretty high and i haven't bought a suit from ebay before since i actually like to try them on first!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, search for past discussions on nitro. He's an okay guy that answers questions honestly, and he's even posted here previously. I'd shoot him a lower offer before considering that $900 BIN price though.

If you're looking for another source for 36 size suits, check out Four In Hand (click on the link on the top of styleforum's pages to get there). I have no personal experience with their suits, but they're supposedly pretty decent.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are going to spend 900 on a suit, you might as well spend couple of hundread more and get an entry level custom suit from the couple of recommanded buget custom tailors recommanded on this board. The best source of Isaia in my opinion, is STP. I just bought an Isaia this week for 500 bucks, and have not spend more than 650 on any of my Isaia suit in the past. Of course, given your size, it might not be possible to find the high end suit like Isaia, in this deep discount in your size and in the style you like, so entry level custom might be a better option.

Joern

Reaction score
I have bought from this seller in the past, but prices unfortunately have crept up over the last years. Quality was always great. SuitingStyle, who or what is STP? I searched the Forum, nothing comes up... Thanks for the info!

PITAronin

Reaction score
STP is sierratradingpost.com which has (a) great prices, (b) a great return policy, and (c) usually has an "additional 20% off" code floating around either here or at the Ask Andy forum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics