1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Isaia shirts got smaller?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by elsalvatrucha, Dec 2, 2015.

1. coldinboston

coldinboston Senior member

I got you. Go big or go home as they say.

1 person likes this.
  2. elsalvatrucha

elsalvatrucha Senior member

Quote: I confirmed this as well. The representative at Barney's told me they stop carrying "E" in 2014 or so. I used to prefer the "E" cut in 16 but the "I" cut in 17 works perfectly if I tailored the waist some.

3. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

What are the hand passages over the 16 of Kiton?

the mezzopunto around the neck collar band as you showed? Just curious.

That looks great, I also did myself on some for myself, but that I know, is copied-borrowed from Anna Mattuozzo max spec shirt ( she does 8 by default she told me) ( maybe other did that before her)

1250 $ a rtw at this time, must be Beverly Hills lol? wow, the most expensive tag I have seen the times I was learning there was 650 (anyway high)

back to the topic, I had the luck of learn a lot on both factories, Isaia shirts ( who made for Kiton decades before with other name) and K, the K shirts done for the American market were a bit big to huge, on Isaia only watched shirts done for Japan and Europe with slim fit, didnĀ“t see any for USA, that as other members say, are made with bigger patterns.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  4. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

At that price point, I am sold Gus. I will definitely try MTM from G. Inglese.

5. coldinboston

coldinboston Senior member

Def go the MTM route. They run smaller than ISAIA esp shoulders chest area, and certainly Kiton.
    It all of course depends on you body type.
    In my experience also allow for some shrinkage (even in cold water hand wash, which is what i do for my dtess shirts).
    No man walks alone i believe has mtm year around
    The partially hand made is even cheaper than the one gus showed and is a great bargain