1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Isaia shirt - French cuff conversion

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Avers, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Avers

Avers Well-Known Member

I came accross nice Isaia shirt with unusual twist.

It had barrell cufs, however there were two separate French cuffs pieces enclosed.

What's the deal here? Does this mean the shirt can be converted to French cuffs? How would one do the conversion? I assume a tailor needs to be involved.

Any idea on the cost of such job?

Thank you,
    William

2. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I came accross nice Isaia shirt with unusual twist.

It had barrell cufs, however there were two separate French cuffs pieces enclosed.

What's the deal here? Does this mean the shirt can be converted to French cuffs? How would one do the conversion? I assume a tailor needs to be involved.

Any idea on the cost of such job?

Thank you,
    William

That's the first I've heard of such an arrangement. Interesting. Perhaps the french cuffs were original and then swapped out?

It would need a tailor or alterations person to swap it out. I've had 'cuff-work' done and it's not too pricey, maybe 10usd.

3. kabert

kabert Senior member

I've seen lots of these at Neiman-Marcus recently. I assume production is easier for Isaia (no leftover FC shirts sitting in the warehouse that they have a harder time selling) and I guess they're not overly concerned that those who want FC will be put-off by having to retain a tailor to swap the cuffs. By the way, I think some that I've seen at N-M have had FC sewn on but have the barrel cuffs included with the shirt. Odd. Presumably, the tailors at N-M will do it for a minor fee -- @$20.

4. Avers

Avers Well-Known Member

There were several shirts by Isaia in the store and only one had additional french cuffs.

The shirt looked unaltered to me, so I assume that's the way it came from the factory.

William

5. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Yes, several of their models are shipped with 2 extra pockets and FCs. The shirt itself is pocketless and has barrel cuffs.

I paid $10 to have one of the pockets sewed on mine. Kept it BC however, so I can't help there.

Perry

PS: absolutely love the shirts. Great great fabrics.