• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ISAIA S/S2011 lookbook

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AE7
I disagree. Isaia is renowned for its suits and sportcoats, due to design, materials and craftsmanship. Just like Loro Piana and Cucinelli are good, among other things, in cashmere. I could see you favoring a trench had a material or particular handwork details been visible, otherwise it is neither worse no better than 99/9% of high-end brands' trenches out there.

you are entitled to your opinion, but you just rephrased exactly what I said.

Why can't I like something just because I happen to like it? Everything is not a debate..........I'd like that coat if it was from Old Navy!

AE7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
you are entitled to your opinion, but you just rephrased exactly what I said.

Why can't I like something just because I happen to like it? Everything is not a debate..........I'd like that coat if it was from Old Navy!

Point taken.
I guess it is the instance of mutual misunderstanding. Now I understand that it is the design that appeal to you.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Thanks for posting it. I don't see as many wearable items (for me anyway) as I did for fall/winter 2010/2011. Some of the fabrics are pretty garish and the jackets are" Milano short", not so practical for NYC or SF.

I really like Isaia and own many pieces. It will be interesting to see what the new items actually look like that make it into the local stores.

I agree. Sadly, the local stores in the Bay Area, NM and Saks, have buyers whose taste
I do not generally appreciate. My Isaias come from elsewhere and are neither short nor tight.
They are also several years old.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Seems like the theme for this collection is greenish-blue, which is pretty much my least favorite color. Two thumbs down.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
I agree. Sadly, the local stores in the Bay Area, NM and Saks, have buyers whose taste
I do not generally appreciate. My Isaias come from elsewhere and are neither short nor tight.
They are also several years old.

You can't find most of the stuff in stores anyway. They produce according to the preferences of different stores. Here, most Isaia stuff they have for the current season are the basics: slid gray suits, solid navy suits and blazers.

__PG__

Reaction score
Not even in the Isaia stores themselves?

Canali in Australia mostly means racks of Charcoal grey work suits. Its only the in the Canali stores themselves do you actually find colourful sports jackets, double breasted suits, linen suits etc.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I only saw an Isaia store in Milano. Their selection there was even worse than what you can find in big department stores.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads