1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Isaia Napoli on Sierra Trading Post

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Duveen, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Quick question, I picked up a mid-blue glen plaid Isaia suit from STP during the sale. It is more than I usually spend even with the discount, and I was wondering about the level of the line. It says 'Gianluca Isaia Napoli'. I think that there is one line higher, but I wanted to be sure it wasn't the diffusion line. It certainly feels nice and fits well. It has the neapolitan backwards-slanting shoulder (the 'pupilla' of legend) and I now know what folks mean when they describe a suit that 'hugs' the shoulders. I just wanted to get a sense of the cost-benefit here.

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Well, I guess there is Enrico Isaia. But what you got was the Isaia's standard $2500 suit. Plus, I think the ones on STP have a pleated sleevehead, which is nice.

3. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

There was a recent discussion about Stu's Isaia suit from STP and his purchase was the second line down from the highest, as you suggest, and certainly not the diffusion line.

4. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Thanks, STYLESTUDENT. I remember that discussion and I tried to find it on the search and did not turn it up. I will look again.

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I enjoyed meeting you at Brooks last night. Â Had I known about this suit, I would have taken your girlfriend's position more emphatically. Â [​IMG] I think the "Gianluca" on the inside breast pocket label is in a larger and emphasized font in the diffusion line.

6. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

So what is the highest line called?

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I thought Enrico Isaia was the top line.

Jon.

8. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Hi Ambulance,

I very much enjoyed meeting you as well. We should definitely grab a drink at Zucca at some point.

I was, needless to say, quite chagrined when the STP package (ordered a while ago) arrived on that very night.

I am thinking of sending the suit back. It fits well, but the color is an 'interesting' mid-blue that I am not sure is great for client meetings.

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Keep 2 out of 3?

I noticed on another thread that you purchased several shoes at the Paul Stuart sale with the assistance of a NYC SF member.  If you need to explain this purchase to your gf, tell her that shoes last a long time if properly cared for, so that the expense amortized over many years is actually quite low.

I'll PM you about that drink.

10. kabert

kabert Senior member

(Duveen @ April 14 2005,10:57) Hi Ambulance, I very much enjoyed meeting you as well. Â We should definitely grab a drink at Zucca at some point. I was, needless to say, quite chagrined when the STP package (ordered a while ago) arrived on that very night. Â I am thinking of sending the suit back. Â It fits well, but the color is an 'interesting' mid-blue that I am not sure is great for client meetings.
    Keep 2 out of 3? I noticed on another thread that you purchased several shoes at the Paul Stuart sale with the assistance of a NYC SF member. Â If you need to explain this purchase to your gf, tell her that shoes last a long time if properly cared for, so that the expense amortized over many years is actually quite low. I'll PM you about that drink.
    Or Duveen, as a fellow size 13, if you want to unload any of those PS shoes, please let me know what you'd like to part with.

11. StagRaven

StagRaven Well-Known Member

There should be a size 13/14 club for the exchange of those rare uber-large good shoes. I was having this very discussion with one of my brother rats yesterday: when we go shoe shopping, the question is not, "do you have this in a 13?". Far too often, it's, "what three styles (max) do you have in a 13 that aren't electric blue and fluorescent yellow?" [​IMG]