• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia models

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I mentioned this to the ISAIA saleswoman, I had exactly the same answer. ISAIA believes that the roped Gregory shoulder looks incongruous with patch pockets. She recommended Capri shoulders with patch pockets... I think I'll stick to Gregory with flap pockets.

I would tend to agree with that. I cant imagine the Gregory with patch pockets. You are overthinking it. You cant go wrong with ISAIA. I just ordered a dustin with patch pockets but thats actually my first one with patch pockets. All my other sports coats are flaps, probably bc they are Gregory, and I never thought they can be mistaken for orphaned suit jackets.
Get it and enjoy it.

San780

Reaction score

I would tend to agree with that. I cant imagine the Gregory with patch pockets. You are overthinking it. You cant go wrong with ISAIA. I just ordered a dustin with patch pockets but thats actually my first one with patch pockets. All my other sports coats are flaps, probably bc they are Gregory, and I never thought they can be mistaken for orphaned suit jackets.
Get it and enjoy it.

This is the GREGORY I picked up. Wool/Silk/Linen fabric.

Last edited:

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although they are harder to find than the standard flapped pocket design, Isaia made versions of the older Scott, Maxim, Stewart, and Base S models with patch pockets, including lovely barchetta breast pockets.

I have a bunch of these and find that the patch pocket adds a more informal touch that is fine for an "odd" jacket - not that anyone off of SF would ever notice though.

They also made some of the diffusion, 1/2 canvassed line - the Gianluca Isaia blue label rigs - with 3 patch pockets as well.

I have only seen jetted pockets (no flap) on the Siro and - IIRC - a few Enrico models.

San780

Reaction score
I tried a couple of patch pocket jackets at ISAIA (SAILOR and CAPRI) and found the CAPRI fit to be very informal. Very short jacket with natural shoulders. Really comfortable jacket. Almost reminded me of, dare I say, Boglioli.

Last edited:

rosslovethreads

Reaction score
Fits and modeling has been tweaked and changed over the years with Isaia. Which is to be expected... but this past spring they, yet again, mixed things up. The Formerly "5" body, eventually became the "S" Body. It is now "Sanita". "Dustin" has become "Domenico" etc... fortunately it's not too hard to decipher what's what, but it sure has been a lot of work to keep up with.

Isaia (a brand with many quirks) believe strongly in the things they believe. There are a number of models that they WILL NOT put patch Pockets on. Even if you did them MTM. I find this amusing and not particularly negative. At least they stick to their guns. In my humble opinion, if one desires patch pockets (and I often do), Dustin or it's new name "Domenico" is the way to go. Very soft shoulder, French faced, grinze is an option. If you'd like Something a little more Neapolitan their Musa model, now dubbed "Marechiaro" is a cool option. Wider lapels, soft shoulder, French faced, grinze. I find the button stance to be a pretty wonky fit for me, though. Any of you guys had experience with Musa?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you find these, especially the Marechiaro ( w/o patch pockets) ?

Isaia (a brand with many quirks) believe strongly in the things they believe. There are a number of models that they WILL NOT put patch Pockets on. Even if you did them MTM. I find this amusing and not particularly negative. At least they stick to their guns. In my humble opinion, if one desires patch pockets (and I often do), Dustin or it's new name "Domenico" is the way to go. Very soft shoulder, French faced, grinze is an option. If you'd like Something a little more Neapolitan their Musa model, now dubbed "Marechiaro" is a cool option. Wider lapels, soft shoulder, French faced, grinze. I find the button stance to be a pretty wonky fit for me, though. Any of you guys had experience with Musa?

(I am in the San Francisco area. Isaia is carried by Nieman Marcus, Barney's and Saks, the last time I looked.
I haven't even tried on Isaia for years because the fabric selections in all these stores has not been to my taste.
I own several Isaia jackets/suits in older models, eg: Sirio, Maxim which I really like. None were purchased locally.)

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Green is Base Gregory
Gray is Gregorio
Brown is Base S-old tag
Colorful one is Dustin

None have had chest or sleeves altered and are 40R

Dustin fits like a shirt, smaller shoulder width
Gregory is in the middle with shoulder padding, but very light

All are two button, smaller measurement it top of the second button to bottom. Longer measurement is BOC.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks for the trouble, sounds like I should give Dustin a try some time then, really appreciate the effort.

sldsd

Reaction score
I was told Domenico is a longer model in their flagship store in Milan.

pi34

Reaction score
Anyone find that the Sanitas this season at Saks seemed to be shorter than previous years?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads