• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia models

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure sure about that STP claim, at least in the early days when they were first selling it. I picked up a Stewart navy blazer in a gorgeous 150s Aquaspider and a tan, Base V solaro suit that were absolutely mainline models with all the details. Maybe it changed later on?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok, let me clarify, not every model is outlet exclusive, but some might, I don't know how to spot.

Like if you just check the measurement on say Gregory (which I think is a much less seen model in the US these days), the measurement has enough variation to tell me it's a bit one of (like BOC on EU 46 are between 28 to 29.5 where I think a "current standard on Gregory" is probably 28.5 in?)

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, ISAIA is only really interesting to me at heavily reduced prices so interesting info. Even at 50% price at Saks I can get Orazio MTM or for a little more we are talking Solito bespoke.

LOL first time I was window shopping again in a long time and just laughed at the guy in NM when he quoted me $4,500 plus tax for a ISAIA sports coat ...

papado

Reaction score
thanks guys, ISAIA is only really interesting to me at heavily reduced prices so interesting info. Even at 50% price at Saks I can get Orazio MTM or for a little more we are talking Solito bespoke.

LOL first time I was window shopping again in a long time and just laughed at the guy in NM when he quoted me $4,500 plus tax for a ISAIA sports coat ...

I've bought most of my Isaia through topshelf and some random places I've found on the internet. Bought 2 Dustin jackets from a consignment store in oregon via ebay; both new and unaltered for around ~$300 each; was some great finds!

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
didn't know where to post this but just picked up two isaia sport coats for 75% off at Saks - $1k each - previously 4k each.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too bad those deal rarely made to my size, Saks usually don’t even carry 36 for starter...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad those deal rarely made to my size, Saks usually don’t even carry 36 for starter...
Isaia shows up quite a bit, like every day, on my emails from Gilt.
Sub-$1K quite a bit.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with https://topshelfapparel.com/?

Are they legit? Seems like they have some good deals on Ebay and on their own website:

Does the below ebay listing look like its legit and not a fake?

EDIT: Never mind seems great - did not see the other thread - https://www.styleforum.net/threads/anyone-ever-purchased-from-topshelfapparel-on-ebay.109945/page-3
I have ordered from them for a decade now. Very legit with accurate pics, measurements and descriptions.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have ordered from them for a decade now. Very legit with accurate pics, measurements and descriptions.
maybe I'll give it a try in the future, I like the certainty at saks, even if I could save 200 bucks more or so elsewhere. At Saks I can just drop it off on my way to the office if it doesn't fit - easy peasy.

edit: now that I checked the prices at saks right now for the discounted jackets are the same - right around $1k

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe I'll give it a try in the future, I like the certainty at saks, even if I could save 200 bucks more or so elsewhere. At Saks I can just drop it off on my way to the office if it doesn't fit - easy peasy.
Eric does returns and regularly offers discounts to long-time buyers. Got all my Oxxford from him. He has some “in” with the factory I think.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh yea I killed my gilt subscription a long time ago when their price was no longer that competitive to just search on eBay (and was getting spammy)

papado

Reaction score
Eric does returns and regularly offers discounts to long-time buyers. Got all my Oxxford from him. He has some “in” with the factory I think.

Seems like a great dude (honestly didn't know his name until you mentioned above) and he even sent me a box of chocolates last year for the holidays! (I guess I purchased a good amount of stuff so I guess it was a thank you haha).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads