• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia models

Backhand

Reaction score
I haven't found out what 2094 PN code means also is there anything on this tag to indicate if its part of a suit?
aquaspider tag.jpg

Kropotkin

Reaction score
Hello,

This seems like the right place to ask this question . . .

I am weighing up buying a second-hand Isaia suit online. The label is in the picture below. Does anyone know where I could find online the exact measurements for this suit? I'm particularly interested because the sleeves have been shortened and the seller isn't quite sure how much they can be lengthened again by. The suit is an amazing price, but nothing's a bargain if it doesn't fit! Thanks.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Sirio is one of my favorite Isaia models - amazing soft shoulder and clean chest! Unfortunately, Isaia doesn't have a consistent pattern for any of its models and measurements can vary widely. For example, I have suits and sports coats in EU 52, 54, and 56 sizes that all have almost the exact same measurements, yet I see other versions of the same size that can be an inch or more bigger or smaller in the shoulders, chest and length. I'd ask the seller to provide some basic measurements.

Kropotkin

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Isaia doesn't have a consistent pattern for any of its models and measurements can vary widely. For example, I have suits and sports coats in EU 52, 54, and 56 sizes that all have almost the exact same measurements, yet I see other versions of the same size that can be an inch or more bigger or smaller in the shoulders, chest and length. I'd ask the seller to provide some basic measurements.

Thanks, that's helpful. I do have the basic measurements, I'm just worried about the shortened sleeve (I would need it lengthened again). And the shoulders are about 2cm wider than my best suit... Which is probably too much. It's super tempting because it's listed for like $250, but still. Hmmm. Thinking out loud now. Thanks again!

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Sirio is one of my favorite Isaia models - amazing soft shoulder and clean chest! Unfortunately, Isaia doesn't have a consistent pattern for any of its models and measurements can vary widely. For example, I have suits and sports coats in EU 52, 54, and 56 sizes that all have almost the exact same measurements, yet I see other versions of the same size that can be an inch or more bigger or smaller in the shoulders, chest and length. I'd ask the seller to provide some basic measurements.
Do they even make the Sirio any more? I have a suit an a blazer which are about ten years old, before the short
close-fitted fad took over.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, that's helpful. I do have the basic measurements, I'm just worried about the shortened sleeve (I would need it lengthened again). And the shoulders are about 2cm wider than my best suit... Which is probably too much. It's super tempting because it's listed for like $250, but still. Hmmm. Thinking out loud now. Thanks again!

I would gamble if it’s $50 not at $250

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

is it only on the older stuff I think their recent stuff (with all the new models) is very consistent

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did Siro become base S?
I believe that you are correct. I remember when the Base S came out and I tried it on.
It was (is) a distinctly different cut from the Sirio- more padding, shorter jacket, etc.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with https://topshelfapparel.com/?

Are they legit? Seems like they have some good deals on Ebay and on their own website:

Does the below ebay listing look like its legit and not a fake?

EDIT: Never mind seems great - did not see the other thread - https://www.styleforum.net/threads/anyone-ever-purchased-from-topshelfapparel-on-ebay.109945/page-3

Last edited:

papado

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with https://topshelfapparel.com/?

Are they legit? Seems like they have some good deals on Ebay and on their own website:

Does the below ebay listing look like its legit and not a fake?

EDIT: Never mind seems great - did not see the other thread - https://www.styleforum.net/threads/anyone-ever-purchased-from-topshelfapparel-on-ebay.109945/page-3

He's a legit seller--I would just caution you that some Isaia models come in different finishes from what I've seen. For example the coat you linked doesn't have handmade buttonholes on the front (lapel+front 2) plus it's only a drop 7r, while standard 'Dustin' models are drop 8R. I've seen them from other sellers as well so I don't know the whole deal but if you've typically worn the 'mainline' stuff this will fit different and not have as much handwork.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's a legit seller--I would just caution you that some Isaia models come in different finishes from what I've seen. For example the coat you linked doesn't have handmade buttonholes on the front (lapel+front 2) plus it's only a drop 7r, while standard 'Dustin' models are drop 8R. I've seen them from other sellers as well so I don't know the whole deal but if you've typically worn the 'mainline' stuff this will fit different and not have as much handwork.
interesting, I didn't even know that there is another line than the mainline. Could you elaborate? 58R dustin fit pretty well but like you said it has a drop 8 usually - confusing?!?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it's just stuff that got made out for outlet, not necessarily bad, sometimes it's just excess fabric that had to make into something. I mean remember the STP days? Those Isaia were not "the same" as mainline

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's just stuff that got made out for outlet, not necessarily bad, sometimes it's just excess fabric that had to make into something. I mean remember the STP days? Those Isaia were not "the same" as mainline
got it, good to know, that explains a bunch of super reduced items

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads