1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Isaia models

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Cantabrigian, Feb 15, 2008.

1. comrade

comrade Senior member

Where do you find these, especially the Marechiaro ( w/o patch pockets) ?

Isaia (a brand with many quirks) believe strongly in the things they believe. There are a number of models that they WILL NOT put patch Pockets on. Even if you did them MTM. I find this amusing and not particularly negative. At least they stick to their guns. In my humble opinion, if one desires patch pockets (and I often do), Dustin or it's new name "Domenico" is the way to go. Very soft shoulder, French faced, grinze is an option. If you'd like Something a little more Neapolitan their Musa model, now dubbed "Marechiaro" is a cool option. Wider lapels, soft shoulder, French faced, grinze. I find the button stance to be a pretty wonky fit for me, though. Any of you guys had experience with Musa?

(I am in the San Francisco area. Isaia is carried by Nieman Marcus, Barney's and Saks, the last time I looked.
    I haven't even tried on Isaia for years because the fabric selections in all these stores has not been to my taste.
    I own several Isaia jackets/suits in older models, eg: Sirio, Maxim which I really like. None were purchased locally.)

2. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Green is Base Gregory
    Gray is Gregorio
    Brown is Base S-old tag
    Colorful one is Dustin

None have had chest or sleeves altered and are 40R

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dustin fits like a shirt, smaller shoulder width
    Gregory is in the middle with shoulder padding, but very light

All are two button, smaller measurement it top of the second button to bottom. Longer measurement is BOC.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  3. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

thanks for the trouble, sounds like I should give Dustin a try some time then, really appreciate the effort.

4. sldsd

sldsd Member

I was told Domenico is a longer model in their flagship store in Milan.