• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia Made to Measure

rsp1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Isaia's made to measure program? I am very pleased with my RTW Isaia suit and continue to really like their overall look ("poor" man's Kiton?).

I am considering stopping by their M2M program at Barneys (M2M for same price as RTW)

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton is overpriced. Isaia is priced about right for what you get. The MTM program is excellent. Many of the customers at the store where I shop are switching from Zegna MTM to Isaia MTM. Note that you can choose from many colorful linings Isaia has to offer, so don't miss that option.

rsp1

Reaction score
Yeah, the salesman told me about the lining option.  I was surprised to see that Zegna MTM is the same price as Isaia MTM.  It seems to me that Isaia is really targeting a sweet spot in the market from a value perspective.

On a side note, does anyone know why many Isaia RTW suits are labelled "Made in Switzerland"? (eerily like Zegna)

Cpal

Reaction score
What is the pricing for Isaia MTM at Barney's?

Thanks.

rsp1

Reaction score
Depends on fabric. Most are 2,395 (which is the RTW price of all their Isaia suits). Some 100s are 2,295, most 130s are 2,495. I imagine the more exotics/higher counts are more, but I'd say 80% are 2295-2495 (no extra charge for custom lining, working buttonholes, etc).

rsp1

Reaction score
Well, I pulled the trigger on a super 130s navy pinstripe Isaia MTM (went for a burgundy lining). Also met the Isaia north america Rep.

We'll see how it looks in 6-8 weeks....

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kiton is overpriced. Isaia is priced about right for what you get. The MTM program is excellent. Many of the customers at the store where I shop are switching from Zegna MTM to Isaia MTM. Note that you can choose from many colorful linings Isaia has to offer, so don't miss that option.
I wouldn't say that. They are world class, and often use exclusive fabrics. You do get what you pay for, although "˜what' you pay for it is another matter altogether.

Jon.

rsp1

Reaction score
I forget his name. He was tall and had worked in italy for a while before new york.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isaia priced the same as zegna is absurd.  Isaia is so much better.  that's like a BMW 545i being the same price as a VW Bug

what was the name of the American Rep?  andrew?
I own suits by both and disagree.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
let us know how the suit turns out.

Phil

Reaction score
I own 3 MTM Isaia suits, all bought through Saks, in NYC. I couldnt be happier.

tdial

Reaction score
Comparing Zegna to Isaia doesn't quite make sense to me, unless you're comparing them because they are available in the same channel--Neiman's.

How would Isaia compare to Borrelli, for example?

rsp1

Reaction score
Not to hijack my own thread, but i've actually wondered - a) how are Borrelli's suits and what would be the "peer group" and b) who makes Isaia's shirts and ties? The stitching of their shirts seems remarkably similar to Borrelli shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads