• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia made Saks Fifth suits?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Saks Isaia jacket I had was fused crap. Checke the tag. No free floating canvas that's for sure.

it did have a nice cut and decent fabric. Buttons were cheap plastic

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's what I've found

"Sand" = Isaia
"Ermenegildo Zegna cloth" = Joseph Abboud
"Napoli", "Nordic" = Jack Victor

And a couple of other I haven't identified yet. You have to look at the make label, and search around 'til you find a match.

What do you mean by "Sand"?

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the model name, should be found oe the Isaia tag inside the jacket.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Saks Isaia jacket I had was fused crap. Checke the tag. No free floating canvas that's for sure.

it did have a nice cut and decent fabric. Buttons were cheap plastic

Fused ISAIA? That's strange. What was the price, when was it bought? Are you sure the buttons weren't corozo?

I think ISAIA at Saks starts at ~$2000-2500 or so (and goes up to ~$5K for sportcoats), so fused sounds weird. Unless it's a necessity for a super light/unstructured jacket.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fused ISAIA? That's strange. What was the price, when was it bought? Are you sure the buttons weren't corozo?

I think ISAIA at Saks starts at ~$2000-2500 or so (and goes up to ~$5K for sportcoats), so fused sounds weird. Unless it's a necessity for a super light/unstructured jacket.

+1

Shiny

Reaction score
I purchased a D. Cremiux suit (Dillards house brand) on ebay that was made by Isaia. I can confirm that some of their stuff is not canvassed. My suit did have canvassed lapels, but that was it.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to look at jeffreyd's thread and see if this is considered acceptable. At a later time.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
What makes you think it was made by Isaia? The Cremiux stuff I've seen is all made in India/China. etc.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw DerekS's post saying that Daniel Cremieux Signature is Isaia. I've never encountered the signature line.

Last edited:

bsarosi

Reaction score

they also made topcoats for them as well...theyre REALLY nice and can be had for next to nothing (comparatively speaking)

Isaia also made the suiting for the dillards house brand Daniel Cremieux Signature. I didnt believe it until i checked them out a couple years ago. I never bought one, but they were quite nice.

Second what DerekS said. I picked up two of the Saks brand topcoats both made by ISAIA at an Off 5th a couple months ago. Neither of them had buttons but for $150 apiece, I had no problem paying the extra $30 for the tailor to add them. MSRP, per the Saks label, was $1600 and $1750 respectively. The wool is fantastic on them.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our Saks Off-Fifths (we now have 2 in Orlando) gets a lot of house-brand Saks suits, they practically have racks and racks of them; lots with Zegna fabric too, but every one I've handled was fused. More than a few seemed shoddy/quickly assembled too (small things like sleeve lengths not matching, the back jacket seam not being at a 90 angle, pattern matching mistakes). I have no idea if they are/aren't Isaia, but from what I saw they didn't seem worth it - even in the ridiculous "BOGO" (Buy One Get One Free) sale.

I wonder if there are multiple lines of Saks in-house stuff by different manufacturers and/or if Isaia actually has a super-low end, fuse-it-and-ship-it, factory.

I'll add that the Orlando are in general only gets the bottom of the barrel stuffs (our only mainline Saks store is closing/closed) so maybe my experience here isn't the same as what those of you in better parts get on your shelves. This might be a valid explanation because it's the same thing we see here with our Marshalls; we get ebtween Abboud-and-squat while people in big metro's are picking up RLPL suits.

Last edited:

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wonder if there are multiple lines of Saks in-house stuff by different manufacturers and/or if Isaia actually has a super-low end, fuse-it-and-ship-it, factory.

There are many different Saks house label makers, Isaia makes a small portion. The only way to tell for certain is to look at the manufacturers tag inside the coat pocket.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK so lets be clear... The jackets I'm referring to are in the ISAIA section of Saks, and while they might also have an "exclusively for Saks" tag, that tag is less prominent than the normal large ISAIA on the inside of the jacket (not hidden in a pocket). These are proper ISAIA jackets sold by Saks.

They may also make Saks-branded jackets for saks, but those are not the jackets that I assumed we were discussing.

I would expect a difference in construction between the two, particularly if the Saks branded ones go for significantly less than the ISAIA branded ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads