• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia made Saks Fifth suits?

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you know if they're fused or canvassed? Also, on the SC you have, how is the shoulder construction?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Would you know if they're fused or canvassed? Also, on the SC you have, how is the shoulder construction?

Canvas, light padded shoulder.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo, are they using one of their typical models (base S, Gregory, etc.) or something unique for SFA?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
they also made topcoats for them as well...theyre REALLY nice and can be had for next to nothing (comparatively speaking)

Isaia also made the suiting for the dillards house brand Daniel Cremieux Signature. I didnt believe it until i checked them out a couple years ago. I never bought one, but they were quite nice.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for answers, looks great. Picked up this brand new solid Charcoal for a pretty reasonable price.

negusnegas

Reaction score
what's the price point?

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the suit for 300$, brand new with tags and with bastings still intact.

gambit50

Reaction score
Are all SAKS suits made by Isaia or at least if they are labelled, Made in Italy, or some other marking?
Never knew this.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up the suit for 300$, brand new with tags and with bastings still intact. 

Don't kid yourself that these stitches have anything to do with the baste stage associated with bespoke or even in the make of the suit - they are added at the end of manufacture to confuse the unwary.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's what I've found

"Sand" = Isaia
"Ermenegildo Zegna cloth" = Joseph Abboud
"Napoli", "Nordic" = Jack Victor

And a couple of other I haven't identified yet. You have to look at the make label, and search around 'til you find a match.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I know, was mostly just to point out that it's new ;-) (or NOS/New old stock? Not sure which it is)

Either way, at that price I'm pretty much limited to poly/wool blended fuse suits where I live, so it's better than my other options.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Are all SAKS suits made by Isaia or at least if they are labelled, Made in Italy, or some other marking?
Never knew this.

no all...AFAIK all the 'made in italy' house brand stuff is isaia...but you can always tell by checking out the tag inside the pocket..thats the giveaway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads