• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia line explanations

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok so i know this has been discussed but i can't seem to find the post. I know there a different lines of Isaia but i'm wondering what the labels look like and differences.

I'm looking at a sport coat online that is Gianluca Isaia line. It has the black sleeve tag that says "Gialuca" on top then "Isaia" with "Napoli" on the bottom part taking up 3/4 of the tag. What line is this and whats the quality like? I've seen many of the red label Isaia tags at Neiman marcus before but never really looked at them but am thinking of trying a Isaia.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as far as i know isaia only has 2 lines in current production: "gianluca isaia" which is the main line, and "gian luca" which is the cheap, diffusion line.

i think there used to be an 'enrico isaia' label, but i don't know if it's stilll around.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by demeis
Ok so i know this has been discussed but i can't seem to find the post. I know there a different lines of Isaia but i'm wondering what the labels look like and differences.

I'm looking at a sport coat online that is Gianluca Isaia line. It has the black sleeve tag that says "Gialuca" on top then "Isaia" with "Napoli" on the bottom part taking up 3/4 of the tag. What line is this and whats the quality like? I've seen many of the red label Isaia tags at Neiman marcus before but never really looked at them but am thinking of trying a Isaia.

Napoli is their diffusion line. It's fused but pretty well made for the discounted price.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Napoli is their diffusion line. It's fused but pretty well made for the discounted price.
i've never heard of a 'napoli' line. i'm out of the loop.
blush.gif

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea what the quality is like on this jacket. Is it full canvased? The seller says its a $2095 jacket? Any truth to that?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by demeis
Any idea what the quality is like on this jacket. Is it full canvased? The seller says its a $2095 jacket? Any truth to that?

It is fused. They use nice fabrics and there will be pick stitching but the jacket will be fused. $2095 not likely. I don't think their mainline stuff costs that much. I wouldn't pay more than 200 max. I have a unconstucted cotton jacket which is one of my favorites. I think I paid about $130 at Nordstrom Rack. It is slim cut but since it is unconstructed I don't have to worry about the fusing.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Hold it! The entry-level Isaia line (diffusion, if you like) is the Gianluca line. I've never heard of a "Napoli" line (although that doesn't mean it doesn't exist!). This could be confusing to Demeis, since the top Isaia line has a label that has the word "Napoli" on it. In fact, most of the top-line Isaia labels I've seen have been black with the word "Gianluca" in white (or close to it) in fairly small letters along the top, the word "Isaia" in large, but grayish, muted letters right under the Gianluca, and the word "Napoli" in very small white letters running through the first "A" in "ISAIA." I'm not sure that Demeis's Isaia might not be, in fact, from the top line.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
Hold it! The entry-level Isaia line (diffusion, if you like) is the Gianluca line. I've never heard of a "Napoli" line (although that doesn't mean it doesn't exist!). This could be confusing to Demeis, since the top Isaia line has a label that has the word "Napoli" on it. In fact, most of the top-line Isaia labels I've seen have been black with the word "Gianluca" in white (or close to it) in fairly small letters along the top, the word "Isaia" in large, but grayish, muted letters right under the Gianluca, and the word "Napoli" in very small white letters running through the first "A" in "ISAIA." I'm not sure that Demeis's Isaia might not be, in fact, from the top line.

I call it Napoli but Gian luca is probably the real name. I was thinking of this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/AWESUM-NWT-1495-...QQcmdZViewItem
I could be wrong but I think he is talking about this one. Maybe if he posted a picture.
devil.gif

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob
It's probably one of these. This isn't the fused "Gianluca Napoli" diffusion line.

http://tinyurl.com/2upboc

yeh thats the one. Sorry thought i was posting a link to the auction but accidently posted a link to the waist band of one of my pants.

Rolo

Reaction score
This is the Gianluca Napoli label.

Sportcoats under this label list at about $800.

36018896_tp.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads