• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia line explanations

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
here's a line you might be interested in getting to know-- there are photos of the label, buttonholes, and gives you a good idea of the make overall. like this one a lot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-2695-RARE-IS...QQcmdZViewItem

that's a pretty steep price for Isaia ......

but the 2 lines of Isaia that's sold here I am aware of are
Giuluca - which is the diffusion line, fused
Isaia napoli - the high end line, canvassed. They started using the red label , and only going with Isaia napoli only recently, older ones all had black label with Giuluca Isaia Napoli. But its the same line.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
that's a pretty steep price for Isaia ......

but the 2 lines of Isaia that's sold here I am aware of are
Giuluca - which is the diffusion line, fused
Isaia napoli - the high end line, canvassed. They started using the red label , and only going with Isaia napoli only recently, older ones all had black label with Giuluca Isaia Napoli. But its the same line.

Are you pretty sure of this? You are probably right, given the retail price quoted in the listing, which, if memory serves me, is about right for a fully-canvased black-label Isaia suit.Just for the record, I love that suit and don't think that it was really overpriced at the BIN price. The seller's claims were exaggerated--particularly the 100% hand made part--but it was in Super 140s, which adds to the base price. Sierra Trading Post have had fully-canvased Isaia suits with lesser-quality wool for around $1200, I believe.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1200 is the "starting price" for the Isaias on STP. with 20% coupon and some patience, they could usually be had around 600+, many of the flnnals they carried last year were sold around 550. If you check their current stock ( lots of them), many are of very nice fabric (140, 130 and one in 180) ...... that's why I say its overpriced.... if I were to spend 1000 bucks, I would prob. go for the Borrelli suits sold by Ian

Originally Posted by Roger
Are you pretty sure of this? You are probably right, given the retail price quoted in the listing, which, if memory serves me, is about right for a fully-canvased black-label Isaia suit.Just for the record, I love that suit and don't think that it was really overpriced at the BIN price. The seller's claims were exaggerated--particularly the 100% hand made part--but it was in Super 140s, which adds to the base price. Sierra Trading Post have had fully-canvased Isaia suits with lesser-quality wool for around $1200, I believe.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never had these problems with English clothing.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i agree-- for between 1000 and 1500, i could buy a borrelli or brioni NWT suit, which retails for $3000+. really just posted the auction as a good source for photos of the isaia line you might want to keep an eye our for.

CommercialDoc

Reaction score
There are a few Isaia Napoli's on STP right now. They are larger sizes mostly.

Super 130s, 3 roll 2 with flat front pants.

With the coupons and free shipping they come out to $680 and if patient they could go on deeper sale.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To add to the confusion, isn't there another line labeled Enrico Isaia, or is that an older line?

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads