• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia-Gianluca Isaia

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Red Isaia Napoli label is what used to be Gianluca Isaia Napoli?

I am am confused.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both, I cant tell a difference in quality.
Both have handwork in the same places.
Does Gianluca Isaia still exist?

I have seen shirts with other labels, still red, on a white background, and regular Isaia red shirts...totally confusing.

darkoak

Reaction score
I thought the red label is just a new gimmick they use recently to stand out more, and give the line that edgy image, along with some silly print ads they use. Started around the same time they use the coral logo as well. I don't notice any difference between the old black label and the red label Isaia, either.

MTM

Reaction score
There is no difference between ISAIA Napoli red and Gianluca Isaia Napoli black. I believe it has been three years since they made that shift. There is a big difference though between the Isaia napoli and Gianluca Napoli. To name one difference, the first is fully canvassed and the second is half canvassed.

guster

Reaction score
What about in shirts? Does the quality vary according to the label. I have a couple of their shirts that feel like different fabrics but all have the same label - except the stuff made exclusivley for Neiman.

TC11201

Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkoak
I thought the red label is just a new gimmick they use recently to stand out more, and give the line that edgy image, along with some silly print ads they use. Started around the same time they use the coral logo as well. I don't notice any difference between the old black label and the red label Isaia, either.

They're the same as far as I can tell as well. They also started using red basting thread and red suit hangers and which are covered in some type of plastic to go with the whole red theme. But the equivalence is correct - Red Isaia is the same as the old, high-quality, full canvas Gianluca Isaia line (not the fused Gianluca Napoli line).

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTM is right -- same product, different labels as of a few years back. Most of the stuff you will see on eBay or from discounters is the (older) black label; STP sells both regularly. The Gianluca Napoli (fused) has a different label and construction.

windrunner

Reaction score
Right, just a label color change to red. It's actually "coral" the color of the coral found off the Napoli coast

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SO, there is only one "Isaia" line?
That being the red label.
I am not considering "Gianluca Napoli" as an Isaia line.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe there is another one -- higher degree of handiwork, quality, and (naturally) price -- but the name escapes me right now. Harder to find in the States and, in fact, may have been discontinued a year or two ago.

Perhaps someone else can weigh in on this?

I may be wrong, but I also think that the shift to the red (ahem, "coral") label was also accompanied by a shift and/or reduction in model numbers. The new "S" is the old "Stewart" which is the classic soft shape most folks equate with Isaia; the new "V" is the old "Vincente" which has a slightly fuller chest and somewhat roped shoulder treatment.

FWIW:Most suits now come with flat front pants, but the older (black label) Stewarts often came with pleated pants.

Hope this helps...

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are speaking of the Enrico Isaia line, yeah, that is gone.

So, we have it.

There is one Isaia line, the Red Label. Two models, Base S and Base V

Cool.

bobdobalina

Reaction score
From the horse's mouth: "Our suits are currently presented in two models: S body (Sirio) and V body (Vesuvio). The S body is the revised model of the Stewart. If you were pleased with the Stewart, you will be absolutely amazed by the fitting of the Sirio. The V body instead is the the traditional Napolitan sartorial model which is characterized by a rope shoulder and makes your chest look fuller."

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are the horses mouth?

Cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads