• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia for brooks brothers

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a darn fine looking Isaia piece. I think prior to them they used Canali for their top-end suits. A shame they switched from Isaia.

koji

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB still makes the Cantarelli suits -- I'm getting married in one in three weeks. Beautiful pieces, much better cut and construction then the Greenfield's. The Greenfield's come in more fabrics -- the Cantarellis were available this spring only in black, grey, and navy three buttons -- but the Greenfield's have a very boxy cut and the center vent, while the Cantarelli has a great double vent, picking on the lapels, and is cut very much like a Borrelli IMO. When they are on sale for $798, they are a good deal for retail. I got mine for $798 but also used a gift card I got on Ebay for 70% of face value, so I ended up getting the suit for about $550.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone had said that St. Andrews now owns Cantarelli as a subsidiary -- or vice versa. I don't know if this is true, but it might be. The Cantarelli shoulder is very nice as well, which I forgot to mention. Basically unpadded, but nice subtle roping at the sleeve cap, which I've determined from experience is very important to how the body drapes through the waist oddly enough.

friendlyone

Reaction score
One problem with Cantarelli is that their suits are fused. For a non-fused suit in the same family, you could purchase a St Andrews, which Cantarellli now owns.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cantarelli website (below) says that the company owns St. Andrews. I have a Cantarelli suit from Bergdorf which is a good value and am looking forward to a new St. Andrews suit purchased recently on EBay from a certain forum member whom we all know (no plug-just fact) http://<a href="http://www.cantarell.../uomo.html</a> Â
tounge.gif

aybojs

Reaction score
I have a Cantarelli sportcoat (just tagged Cantarelli, not produced for another label), which is definitely not fused, so I don't know where the claim about their main-line suits being fused comes in.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know where the fused claim comes from -- the one I have from BB is definitely not fused, and if it only retailed for $1100, I can't imagine many (if any) of Catarellis lines being fused.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good to hear that they are still carrying the Cantarelli suits. It's been probably a year since I last went into a BB, and last I was there they said that they were going to stop carrying the Cantarelli suits. SHould have known better than to listen to a salesman...

I like Cantarelli a lot better than Canali or Corneliani - quality is slightly better, and cut is much better. Of course, cut is subjective, Canali or Corneliani might fit someone else much better. Never seen a fused Cantarelli...

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that the Cantarelli cut is superior to most everything I've seen in that price range, and the lapel rolls are far superior to the Corneliani Linea Sartoria's. Tasmansian Super 120s from Loro Piana is a bonus as well. Also: GREAT pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads