1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Isaia for brooks brothers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Aug 10, 2004.

1. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I could be way off, but are you guys talking about Cifonelli instead of Caraceni??

2. pejsek

pejsek Senior member

Well, you're not way off as far as my observations are concerned. I was indeed talking about Cifonelli. Very nice clothes, but not Caraceni.
    I actually have an old Caraceni (Rome) jacket from the 1950's. Unlike many clothes of that vintage, there's very little about the jacket that would make you think it's pushing fifty. I'd be quite interested to know if there actually is a rtw Caraceni line at BG or anywhere else.
    Thanks for the correction.

3. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Cifonelli is indeed nice RTW. It was a bargain when it first came out, but has since gone up to the point where it's not such a great deal. Except for the slacks I think. The line is made by Nervesa.

I've seen a couple of RTW Caraceni jackets before, but they were cheap fused junk. I don't think that anyone besides Campagna has done a nice RTW Caraceni line yet, but I could be mistaken.

Along the same lines, the Arnys RTW line is supposed to come back in a big way. Anybody seeing it yet?

4. rjsphd

rjsphd Senior member

My bad. I meant to say Cantarelli,not Caraceni or Cifonelli, thouigh the Cifonelli stuff is nice, too. BTW, I have never seen Caraceni off the rack. I own a Rome Caraceni suit--amazing handwork, not the best cut or fit, Perhaps getting 3 fittings in 5 days isn't he way to proceed.