• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia fit

jsherman02

Reaction score
Generally speaking.....how do Isaia coats fit? Trim..true to size..etc.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably trimmer than most american-cut suits of a given size, but they vary depending on the model.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A timely thread, as I had just been looking at some of Pete's (Nitr-o) stuff on eBay.
I note that in his auction descriptions he does sometimes describe particular suits as being a bit more slim-cut than others.
I'd be interested in seeing any comments made by people in this thread, too.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't think of another company with a wider range of jacket models than Isaia. They've done every cut you can think of. In general though, they are currently producing jackets with 8 drops, that is to say slim.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
I can't think of another company with a wider range of jacket models than Isaia. They've done every cut you can think of. In general though, they are currently producing jackets with 8 drops, that is to say slim.
Yes, Isaia's sizes vary with different models, but lean mostly on the slim side.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsherman02
Generally speaking.....how do Isaia coats fit? Trim..true to size..etc.
They also vary a bit even with the same same model and run, there are Base V that fit me perfectly and I can try another jacket in the same size and material and style and the fit is different. They do have some sort of magic in their jackets silhouette that is unlike any other. Also I think their pants are fantastic second to only Oxxford and Saint Andrews IMHO.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like many of the Italian tailoring houses, they produce different cuts for different markets, and the bigger or more prestigious stores (say, Barneys or Louis Boston) often work with the house to develop a cut that works for their market. That said, most of the Isaia suits that I have seen recently are cut relatively slim, with medium open quarters and a slightly shorter shirt, and with minimal structure in the shoulder and chest. There is very gradual waist suppression. The 48Eu from Louis fits me well - and I am a pretty slim, narrowly built guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads