• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Isaia colour code 980

PocketCircle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the colour code 980 is exactly?

Artking3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PocketCircle
Does anyone know what the colour code 980 is exactly?

I think the 900s are shades of gray. The higher the number, the darker the gray. I have seen light gray at 950, medium gray at 970, and dark charcoal gray at 990.

PocketCircle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artking3
I think the 900s are shades of gray. The higher the number, the darker the gray. I have seen light gray at 950, medium gray at 970, and dark charcoal gray at 990.

Yes, I know that but what I'd like to learn is the name of that grey tone in English.

Artking3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PocketCircle
Yes, I know that but what I'd like to learn is the name of that grey tone in English.

The color code doesn't actually tell you the color tone. I have 2 Isaia suits with the same color code of 950, but one is a olive grey and other is a grey bird's eye. The two fabrics have nothing in common, except being medium grey. IMO, a 980 is a dark grey.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.