1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Isaia at Pitti Uomo 83

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, Jan 28, 2013.

1. demian19003

demian19003 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this.

Fine, and wise, idea to create an interview format.
    GL Isaia is very well spoken, intelligent, and represents the core values of napolitano tailoring like no other in my opinion.

Always enjoy reading his interviews and thoughts.

Everything he represents and what he appreciates regarding tailoring and style I find an absolute affinity for. He's a real mentor, and I dare say, hold him closer than Luciano Barbera, who also is an idol..

I particularly like his comments on a limited wardrobe..and it is what I have always done myself, in part because I hate excess.
    I have lived here for yrs already, and spaces are not what they are in the States with the large homes, walk in closets, etc..not to mention excess.

Having too much stifles creativity Ive learned. Just as too much convenience stifles creativity.

As a fine art painter I understand why I am here. Not merely the history, but ppl are not wired into their computers, live on the internet, stuck in front of tv, etc...

....but im digressing.

Thx again
    Kind regards

2. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Glad you enjoyed. Stay tuned, there's also an upcoming longer interview with LB himself, who I think offers an interesting contrast to GI's point of view.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  3. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

Serious want on that silk/cashmere scarf, simply beautiful.

4. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

If you like scarves, you'll love what's coming up as the feature for tomorrow....

[​IMG]

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I love scarves....:)

6. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

I've now read this interview 3 or 4 times and it is just sublime. Every time he talks, he sounds more like the talisman for our sartorial beliefs.