• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia Argento

muelleran

Reaction score
I just bought a coat made by Isaia. The label says "Isaia Napoli Argento".
Since the Sierra Trading Post where I bought it claims that it originally cost $2000 I'd like to learn a bit more about Isaia. Internet turns up close to nothing.

Do they have different quality/price ranges? Where does Argento come in.
What do you guys think about them in terms of quality / style?

(The coat I bought has the horse-blanket look that comes with a coat of this lenght - but the fabric feels incredibly nice and it is amazingly comfortable: it feels like wearing a very light sweater although the coat is much warmer.)

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/201,49069_.html

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by muelleran
I just bought a coat made by Isaia. The label says "Isaia Napoli Argento".
Since the Sierra Trading Post where I bought it claims that it originally cost $2000 I'd like to learn a bit more about Isaia. Internet turns up close to nothing.

Do they have different quality/price ranges? Where does Argento come in.
What do you guys think about them in terms of quality / style?

(The coat I bought has the horse-blanket look that comes with a coat of this lenght - but the fabric feels incredibly nice and it is amazingly comfortable: it feels like wearing a very light sweater although the coat is much warmer.)

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/201,49069_.html

Hello,

Argento is likely the name of the shop for which that particular garment was made. It appears to be Isaia's high end with the "Isaia Napoli" or "Gianluca Isaia Napoli" label, and not the "Gianluca Napoli" line (missing the name "Isaia" on the label) which is their "lesser" line which does not have the same quality and construction in comparison to garments bearing the Isaia Napoli label. Those are the 2 main lines of Isaia, although they also do some private labeling in various levels of quality.

Yours Truly,

Ben

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics