• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Wearing Concert T-Shirts Still Cool At Age 30+

Hey Man

Reaction score
I am having a debate on another board where they think that dressing well or wearing designer clothes is fake and wearing concert t-shirts even at 30 years old all time is being real and being yourself. Like we should feel bad that we like to dress well. Can you guys give me any ammunition to use in the debate.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
sure. 30 is the new 20 anyways as long as you still have the same physique and waist size when you were 20, I say rock it the **** out, I still wear old punk band shirts on days I wear tshirts
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
waitaminit, after re-reading your original post, are you Pro-band shirt at 30+ or anti? If anti, then you are crusading the wrong side of the cause

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those people probably don't have jobs. And if they do and they change to concert shirts when they're off work, then thats what they do. Whether you change to the t-shirt or wear something nice, it's up to you. Nothing more.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hey Man
I am having a debate on another board where they think that dressing well or wearing designer clothes is fake and wearing concert t-shirts even at 30 years old all time is being real and being yourself. Like we should feel bad that we like to dress well. Can you guys give me any ammunition to use in the debate.

Dressing yourself according to an idea is as fake as it gets. Wear what you want and don't worry about it.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are we talking about the ones that list all of the tour dates on the back. or just a simple one with the name of the band that you liked when you were 22.

You know the shirt you had to buy because you coerced your date to drink too much and she threw up on you. Or the one that you bought because you knew the band needed gas money?

Carl

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Im 30 and consider myself too old to don the old Guttermouth tees for anything other than sleeping in

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on whether you still rock.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Isaac Mickle

Reaction score
I still wear a fIREHOSE t-shirt that's 15 years old. It's pretty ratty.

I think it's cool to wear t-***** you bought from the band at the show. If you are 30+ and still buying t-shirts from dudes in the back of a bar, you can wear it. If you are getting your concert t-shirts anywhere else, it is lame. In other words, shirts that come from shows you witnessed yourself are OK but shirts you buy in the mall are not.

Whenever you wear a t-shirt with any kind of logo on it, you are SCREAMING OUT to everyone in the room: ASK ME ABOUT ______________ ! If I ask you about the KISS show because you are wearing the KISS shirt, I am already doing you a favor and asking you about your lame-ass favorite thing that you advertise for free on your *******. If you tell me that you did not get the shirt at the show, then I smile politely and maybe cover my eyes from the harsh glare of the neon "LOSER" sign going off above your head.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Im 30 and consider myself too old to don the old Guttermouth tees for anything other than sleeping in

holy crap M@t, are you into Guttermouth????

those guys were friends of ours in the early 90s and I played shows with them in the band I was in at that time.

I was even in a band with bassist Clint, during his time out of Guttermouth in the mid/late 90s (he's been back in the band for a while now)...great f'ing guy.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I rock my Nickelback T-Shirt like the hard-core thrasher I am. No one complains.

(What the hell is that on Joey's head?)

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still wear some shirts that I've gotten from concerts - U2, Live, Prodigy, Riblja Corba, and others.

Then again, I'm not over 30.
tounge.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads