• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is wearing boxers with jeans wrong?

phatty123

Reaction score
I"m in my mid 20s already and read recently that you should not be wearing boxers under your jeans because they look really bad. Back when i was real young like under 14, i wore briefs but after that all i ever wore was boxers. However, i had no clue boxers with jeans are wrong. I read that you should only be wearing boxer briefs with jeans. Is this true?

I always wear boxers now. I would never wear the tighty whities anymore. But should i be wearing boxer briefs when i go outside? Note, i wear regular jeans like bootcut and straight jeans and don't wear those skinny jeans.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
How will boxers under your jeans look bad, Sir? No one can see them. Nor will they see briefs. Nor will they see if you are commando. I'm confused.

If you are sagging your pants, get the hell off my lawn.

EZ

epic raccoon

Reaction score
Boxer briefs are nice.

I've never had a problem with boxers and jeans though. I'm a little confused.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
It depends on how slim fit or low cut the jeans are.

Boxers are silly if they would be spilling over the waistband or bunching up inside the jean.

I typically wear boxers but I will admit to having purchased some different underwear specifically for wear with some of my skinnier fit jeans - both boxer briefs and bikinis.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
^ Alright, I can see your point Bradford. To the OP, post this question over in the Streetwear & Denim part of the site. You'll get better answers there.

EZ

phatty123

Reaction score
Hey guys. No i do not wear them like if i am sagging them.

The reason why i mentioned this is because i googled it and people say you shouldn't wear boxers with jeans because the boxer will be seen and it looks like you are hiding garbage under there if you know what i mean.

Yea i read boxer briefs should be worn instead.

I just wanted to know if boxers with jeans even if that means having a bit of boxer shown would be fine?

epic raccoon

Reaction score
I wear boxers with my Levi's 514s and never have any problems.

I believe it would depend on how tight your jeans fit on you.

Matt S

Reaction score
Boxers don't work with today's slim fit jeans because they will bunch up in the leg and disrupt the lines. If your jeans fit looser than boxers are fine.

retozimmermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phatty123
Hey guys. No i do not wear them like if i am sagging them.

The reason why i mentioned this is because i googled it and people say you shouldn't wear boxers with jeans because the boxer will be seen and it looks like you are hiding garbage under there if you know what i mean.

Yea i read boxer briefs should be worn instead.

I just wanted to know if boxers with jeans even if that means having a bit of boxer shown would be fine?

Don't let things you read on the interwebs freak you out if you cannot understand why it says what it says ;-)

As for your specific case: If you have access to a large enough mirror and you possess the necessary turning-abilities with your neck, then I'd say go and check if one can see your underwear through your trousers or if they are spilling out. In either case wear different underwear.

As a general rule it's safe to say that in all normal and decent circumstances no one should have to see your underwear at all :)

kelchclinton

Reaction score
I always wear boxers now. I would never wear the tighty whities anymore. But should i be wearing boxer briefs when i go outside? Note, i wear regular jeans like bootcut and straight jeans and don't wear those skinny jeans.

Gwarg

Reaction score
Boxers are clearly bad with suits, but make no difference to jeans (assuming they're not too tight).

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gwarg
Boxers are clearly bad with suits, but make no difference to jeans (assuming they're not too tight).

????????

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just laugh at some of the nonsense I read on this board sometimes. It really is entertaining.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics