• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Tom Colicchio (vintage 2008) the best dressed man on TV?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who watch Top Chef, are you as impressed as I am by the fit and fabric of his jackets? Even his casual looks have been really great. I would guess Cucinelli but I have no idea

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Why is this in the B&S forum?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Why is this in the B&S forum?

No idea - my bad
frown.gif

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
For those who watch Top Chef, are you as impressed as I am by the fit and fabric of his jackets? Even his casual looks have been really great. I would guess Cucinelli but I have no idea

in general, I'm fairly unimpressed with what he wears, especially at the judge's table.. looks quite stiff and he looks uncomfortable wearing it (at least to me)
maybe I've missed the {presumed} Cucinelli

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drducky
looks quite stiff and he looks uncomfortable wearing it
what season have you been watching? He wears the softest jackets, zero padding, some shoulders look like spalla camicia, fabrics look like buttery cashmere. Collars snug his neck perfectly, even when sitting

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
what season have you been watching? He wears the softest jackets, zero padding, some shoulders look like spalla camicia, fabrics look like buttery cashmere. Collars snug his neck perfectly, even when sitting

I'll check it out again (shouldn't be an issue as my wife watches every episode several times)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drducky
I'll check it out again (shouldn't be an issue as my wife watches every episode several times)
I'm really talking about this season. Not sure what happened to his wardrobe between seasons but he went from average, stiff suits to some great looking stuff now

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i watch top chef and agree with gdl that he wears some great clothes.

the fit especially is wonderful.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think Tom looks pretty good. I like his relaxed, dressy style. But tonight he's wearing a shiny black jacket with really skinny peaked lapels. Meh.

I think Jon Stewart is the best dressed man on TV.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I think Tom looks pretty good. I like his relaxed, dressy style. But tonight he's wearing a shiny black jacket with really skinny peaked lapels. Meh.
Yeah - I didn't really like his cocktail party outfit last night.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched Top Chef since season 2. Has he changed his wardrobe since then? To me, his casual looks were quite clubbin' and wreaked of midlife crisis.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always been partial to Morley Safer myself. I love his selection of check shirts, and he always carrys a pocket square.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads