• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Tom Colicchio (vintage 2008) the best dressed man on TV?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
OT, I went to the Allen Brothers website and they want $164 for two of those tomahawk steaks.

I bought a ribeye the other day that I am aging in my fridge (also prime, and already aged, but a little extra time with the seasoning on never hurts). I can tell you, I paid a lot less than that. I frenched it myself, which perhaps accounts for the difference.

You french your own meat?

I'm surprised when these types steak discussions come up that the NYC area people don' talk about Florence Meat Market. Cheap and there is nothing more beautiful than watching them take out a side of almost black aged beef, nice and moldy, and cut that puppy up into steaks. Actually the only thing nicer is when they ring you up and you don't have to take out a HELOC to pay for 8 steaks.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys understand the concept of Spoiler Alert?

Anyway, did anyone else notice the way the loser beelined to shake Colicchio's hand and ignored Gail's outstretched arm?

Gail didn't seem too happy.

lefty

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^yah, I saw Antonia skip over Gail, but wasn't sure if Gail had her arm out. Bravo is known for some crazy editing, so I wasn't sure Antonia totally dissed Gail, but that was my impression (but maybe she did shake it, but that was edited out).

If so, was there some sort of beef between the two beforehand? I never noticed it in prior episodes. Gail reemed Antonia probably the most.

That Lisa chick is ANNOYING as hell.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
That was a shame. That's the problem of these shows - every challenge is judged on the merits of that specific challenge only, without the context of previous accomplishments. Which means that being in the middle and avoiding a fatal mistake allows you to skate by for a while (see Dale last year - unbelievable that he ended up in the finale against Hung IMO).

What would you suggest then? First of all, I think it's imposible for any human to just "disregard" the total experience. For example, when they narrow it down to two people and one of them is spouting off at the judges, of course that's going to affect a decision.

The most fair way to judge is the way they are currently doing it. Per challenge. Point is, they might not mention it, but other factors influence it too, including past performance.

If we went by what you'd like to see, how far would we take it? How about to sports? Announcer: "Well Jeff, the Lakers lost tonight to the Knicks but historically they've done well against them. Let's call it a tie"

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
^^yah, I saw Antonia skip over Gail, but wasn't sure if Gail had her arm out. Bravo is known for some crazy editing, so I wasn't sure Antonia totally dissed Gail, but that was my impression (but maybe she did shake it, but that was edited out).

If so, was there some sort of beef between the two beforehand? I never noticed it in prior episodes. Gail reemed Antonia probably the most.

That Lisa chick is ANNOYING as hell.

There's a flash of her face almost mouthing, "WTF?"

"Congratulations of your bronze medal" was brilliant.

lefty

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, the producers have input as to who gets axed. I'm sure what goes into the decision is what will make good TV. This isn't a contest in the true sense of the word, this is reality TV. The two clear winners aren't really too likeable or memorable, so they had to keep the ***** in. Otherwise they would have 3 ho-hum personalities in the finals that no one would definitely root for.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
What would you suggest then? First of all, I think it's imposible for any human to just "disregard" the total experience. For example, when they narrow it down to two people and one of them is spouting off at the judges, of course that's going to affect a decision.

The most fair way to judge is the way they are currently doing it. Per challenge. Point is, they might not mention it, but other factors influence it too, including past performance.

If we went by what you'd like to see, how far would we take it? How about to sports? Announcer: "Well Jeff, the Lakers lost tonight to the Knicks but historically they've done well against them. Let's call it a tie"

I'm fine with the way they run the competition. I was simply pointing out the shortcomings associated with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads