1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is Thom Browne style a throwback?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by odoreater, Jul 17, 2006.

1. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I didn't really think this was disputed. I mean, he's made clear he considers his style to be a throwback to that period. I had thought the gist of the "debate" that occurred here a while ago was whether (1) his "take" on that style captured something of its elegance, stylishness, whatever; or (2) whether by exaggerating certain features he sacrified the very elegance or balance (again, supply your own term here) that made the earlier style "work".

Yeah I had completely forgotten about that previous thread and the discussion about Thom Browne's '60s inspiration. The only reason why I posted this in the first place was because I saw the picture of Johnny Cash while looking through the booklet that comes in the album, so naturally I looked at how he was dressed and saw that his trousers were very slim and sock was clearly showing.

I also don't like the idea of wearing dress shoes (or any shoes for that matter) without socks, but I have worn dress shoes with black ankle socks in the past and I like the look. Maybe I just have sexier ankles and calfs than you guys. [​IMG]

2. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Member

Thom Browne style is inspired by Pee wee herman.