Is This Zenga Suit Fake?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Abstraktmind, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Abstraktmind

Abstraktmind Senior member

2. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Looks like a used Z Zenga short. I think the label is older to. The price is the starting price. Who knows what the final price will be.

3. Abstraktmind

It's something about that tag that doesn't sit right with me.

4. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

If you mean the inside pocket tag the angle makes it hard to judge anything but it doesn't seem obviously wrong.

The label is old I think. Check the Zenga label thread there might be an old Z Zenga label to compare to.

5. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

had a very similar suit awhile back - it's real, the angle and flash on that photo is just off. if you want more photos, just ask the seller - sometimes they'll post some or email them to you. would agree it's not the super-newest thing, but I was surprised by some of the touches put into the suit I saw, and this one looks to have some of the same.

don't think about getting it for the bottom bid - think about the most you'd really be willing to pay, then bid that - and that's the best way to actually win, even against snipers, because if it goes over what it's worth to you it's not worth it.

6. calogero

calogero Well-Known Member

...you people might mean 'Zegna'.

7. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

The label is valid. I have a jacket with the same label. It's an older Z Zegna label. I can't say for certain that this suit is genuine, but it most likely is since the Z label is a cheaper Zegna line. Zegna is a label less faked than most as it's not as well known to the common person as an Armani or Burberry label, and this is a sub label making it all the less likely a fake.

If in fact it said "Zenga" as you guys mistakingly put, that would be another matter.:D

8. Abstraktmind

Sorry for the name mistake, I just wanted to rush it out lol Can someone tell me around what time frame this might have came out?

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member