• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this zegna a good suit?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if this is a good suit, because the price seems right to me (more specifically, for my best man). Anyone have any idea of the fit (I've never tried on a Zegna).here

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
Johnny, you still looking for that perfect black suit?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, this is for my friend, who will also be my best man (one of two, actually). He wants something nice, but is not in a great location to get something nice.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HRHAndrew, I'll clarify the geographical location of my friend -- it is a place where coming across a Hugo Boss is quite rare.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spot your buddy the money, and buy on his behalf from Filenes. They have a 2 week return policy. More than enough time and figure out if that's what he wants (i.e. you get to play stylist.)

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Filene's thing was the original plan -- I picked my brother up a Corneliani there for about $350 and he liked it fine when he visited me about a week after I bought it. I just happened upon this auction by happenstance really and was just wondering. (Personally, I find Zegna way overpriced, but IMO $599 is at least approaching a good deal, you know?).

Lomezz

Reaction score
Johnny - I'd venture an answer re Zegna cut (my only qualification is having tried Zegna suits on two occassions lately) - I found the cut big in the shoulders, i.e., amply padded, and rather 'boxy' - little waist supression. Interestingly, a Zegna i tried at bergdorf had more of an hourglass shpae than the one at Saks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads