Is this what men and women really look for in a partner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by merkur, Aug 24, 2010.

1. merkur

merkur Senior member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. TheD0n

TheD0n Senior member

I find the girl whom I've been seeing extremely attractive; I want to measure her waist-to-hip ratio to see if I've subconsciously scored a perfect 0.7.

3. acl1

acl1 Senior member

nope; it's a reporter who took 1 lecture in psych 101.

4. KenN

KenN Senior member

5. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I look for someone more attractive than me and very intelligent in a long term partner. In a short-term partner, I don't care as long as they are vaguely cute or good in bed.

6. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

In my Facebook researches it looks more like women can't get enough of overweight guys with goatees.

7. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

I look for someone more attractive than me and very intelligent in a long term partner. In a short-term partner, I don't care as long as they are vaguely cute or good in bed.

That's the typical male approach, as supported by research. Women, on the other hand, might be more picky physically for short-term mating (although that in itself often is a subconscious strategy to snag a long-term partner).

The article is not news, and it's not particularly accurate. The idea that building muscle won't help men is false (although many women dislike a very muscular look). And the idea that "people tended to be most attracted to those of roughly the same attractiveness" is almost certainly wrong; just because people usually end up with partners of similar attractiveness doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer the cream of the crop physically if attainable.

8. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

That's the typical male approach, as supported by research. Women, on the other hand, might be more picky physically for short-term mating (although that in itself often is a subconscious strategy to snag a long-term partner).

The article is not news, and it's not particularly accurate. The idea that building muscle won't help men is false (although many women dislike a very muscular look). And the idea that "people tended to be most attracted to those of roughly the same attractiveness" is almost certainly wrong; just because people usually end up with partners of similar attractiveness doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer the cream of the crop physically if attainable.

Ahh. Good points.