• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is this what men and women really look for in a partner?

TheD0n

Reaction score
I find the girl whom I've been seeing extremely attractive; I want to measure her waist-to-hip ratio to see if I've subconsciously scored a perfect 0.7.

acl1

Reaction score
nope; it's a reporter who took 1 lecture in psych 101.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I look for someone more attractive than me and very intelligent in a long term partner. In a short-term partner, I don't care as long as they are vaguely cute or good in bed.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my Facebook researches it looks more like women can't get enough of overweight guys with goatees.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I look for someone more attractive than me and very intelligent in a long term partner. In a short-term partner, I don't care as long as they are vaguely cute or good in bed.

That's the typical male approach, as supported by research. Women, on the other hand, might be more picky physically for short-term mating (although that in itself often is a subconscious strategy to snag a long-term partner).

The article is not news, and it's not particularly accurate. The idea that building muscle won't help men is false (although many women dislike a very muscular look). And the idea that "people tended to be most attracted to those of roughly the same attractiveness" is almost certainly wrong; just because people usually end up with partners of similar attractiveness doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer the cream of the crop physically if attainable.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
That's the typical male approach, as supported by research. Women, on the other hand, might be more picky physically for short-term mating (although that in itself often is a subconscious strategy to snag a long-term partner).

The article is not news, and it's not particularly accurate. The idea that building muscle won't help men is false (although many women dislike a very muscular look). And the idea that "people tended to be most attracted to those of roughly the same attractiveness" is almost certainly wrong; just because people usually end up with partners of similar attractiveness doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer the cream of the crop physically if attainable.

Ahh. Good points.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.