• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this watch ok to wear with a suit?

Teddy_T

Reaction score
TW2R27000.png

Just bought this Fairfield and got a wedding coming up, is this ok to wear with a navy suit and a white shirt with french cuffs or are the chronograph and the nato strap too casual? The strap actually looks darker than in the photograph and pretty close to the color of the suit.

My other watch is an Eco Drive and it's definitely a no. Is it possible to pull it off or should I skip the watch?

Thank you.

Maljunulo

Reaction score
How big is it?

I would say forget it if it's much over 38 mm or so.

Reaction score
i think the watch is ok, but you might want to change the band. Swap in with a leather band or something. Doesn't need to be expensive, just give a little more formal looking.

Teddy_T

Reaction score
"unsuitable for a wedding"

;);) Pun intended?

The eco drive is a chronograph too, and wa too large, I have ordered an Orient Bambino but don't think it will arrive on time. I think I'll just put a leather strap on the timex and hope that nobody stares at my wrist.

Teddy_T

Reaction score
i think the watch is ok, but you might want to change the band. Swap in with a leather band or something. Doesn't need to be expensive, just give a little more formal looking.

Thanks, just got a leather strap (Found a Horween Shell band for 30 euros), surprisingly cheap and almost makes it look like a dress watch.

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or you could not wear a watch to the wedding at all and pretend, even after the fourteenth boring toast, that you are having so much fun you couldn't possibly care what time it is.

This is the reason watches are traditionally not worn with evening wear: it's a party, and the hour be damned!

GT-R

Reaction score
Or you could not wear a watch to the wedding at all and pretend, even after the fourteenth boring toast, that you are having so much fun you couldn't possibly care what time it is.

This is the reason watches are traditionally not worn with evening wear: it's a party, and the hour be damned!

^^

Last edited:

Teddy_T

Reaction score

*Forgets to take pills and dies*

Teddy_T

Reaction score
The watch is really good but band is not that much attractive. If you could change the band then it would definitely make you more enticing in front of everyone.

Yeah, I did end up replacing the band in the end with a leather one.

Roy1991

Reaction score
As a watch geek, id say no. a suit and nato strap don't go together.
With a suit, you would look great with a 36-38mm dress watch with a leather strap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads