• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this tie a Borrelli?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found what I think is a Borrelli tie yesterday. The tag is missing, though.

I compared it to the only other Borrelli tie I have and in terms of build quality, etc, it seems up to par. The spot where the missing tag is (just some threads where the tag was stitched in are there) lines up just about at the same spot as the one I have, and its about the same width, you know how Borelli has that distinctively small sized tag.

Now, the differences....

The one I know is real has the thick stitch at the ends in a clashing color to the rest of the tie, it has a loop to hold the back end of the tie stitched into the spine, and the fabric on the back side of the widest end is the same as the rest of the tie.

Neither is a 7 fold.

The one I suspect to be a Borrelli has its thick stitch the same color as the rest of the tie, does not have the loop at all (as far as I can tell there are no signs it was removed), and the fabric on the back lining is different.

Now, looking at pics on the net, I see both types of back lining are common. The missing tie loop tends to make me think its not a Borrelli, and also, all the ties I have seen have that tab stitch as a different color.

The only thing that makes me think otherwise is if maybe its an older Borrelli? Can anyone help me out?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not going to read your babble, why not post some pics?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, here are the pics, let me know what you think...

DSC06285.JPG shows where the label was.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont like the tie.

Regards

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeF
Why on earth do you care?

Its a perfectly relevant question so go troll somewhere else.

spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it's not.

But really, why do you care?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads