1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is this the Cheesiest Italian brand?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Dec 2, 2007.

1. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

They do very nice work, and Pino Luciano is a really nice guy. It is just that some of the things they turn out can be atrociously styled, but that is no knock on their workmanship. Part of it is what the shops specify.

Well who orders this kind of stuff? The Japanese?

2. Mustapha

Mustapha Senior member

Sorry, my butler posted that, not I.

What, was it your VALET's day off?[​IMG]

Dominion of Canada. Boy, that brings back a whole era. Prime Minister Pearson/singing God save the Queen every morning in class.

-Moose

3. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Also in Quebec? Must have been funny over there...Have you got a French version?

Que Dieu protege la reine...[​IMG]

I do remember listening to Rule Britannia once a week when i was studying in Wales...Was quite funny too because they're also far from being monarchist over there...

4. Mustapha

Mustapha Senior member

Also in Quebec? Must have been funny over there...Have you got a French version? Que Dieu protege la reine...[​IMG] I do remember listening to Rule Britannia once a week when i was studying in Wales...Was quite funny too because they're also far from being monarchist over there...
    Que Dieu protege la reine...: You have to wonder; where WOULD this be sung? And when? And what consequences?[​IMG] No, I was raised in Ontario; the roast beef part of Canada, [​IMG]

5. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

It's interesting that that guy who wrote The Suit put La Vera Sartoria Napoletana in a class of its own in terms of RTW suit make (IIRC), or it at least was the only RTW name I remember him citing.

Yeah but their stuff wasn't quite this garish until this "limited edition" business. I imagine they've hired some marketing consultancy that feels that they need to highlight the "exclusivity" of their brand.

6. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah but their stuff wasn't quite this garish until this "limited edition" business. I imagine they've hired some marketing consultancy that feels that they need to highlight the "exclusivity" of their brand.
    Yeah, the item pictured is "a bit Daehn", as I'm trying to get people in Freedom to start saying...

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Do not touch to Mr Daehn ,our Parisian fashion icon....

The guy is as ridiculous than his British counterpart Nick Foulkes....

2 pompous prats...

8. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

:tomasso:, I mean [​IMG]

It's interesting that that guy who wrote The Suit put La Vera Sartoria Napoletana in a class of its own in terms of RTW suit make (IIRC), or it at least was the only RTW name I remember him citing.

That guy? Please. I can't even remember his name.

9. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

The guy is as ridiculous than his British counterpart Nick Foulkes....
    Hey, don't knock Foulkesy... he at least appears to be conscious of his image. I think Daehn must get a free suit every time he features Djay in his magazine.

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

They're both pompous t...s!!!!!!!!!!!Can't stand the side of thse auto-proclaimed dandies...