• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this the best we can do?

David Webb

Reaction score
Greetings. Long-time lurker, first time poster. I'll start out with some questions. You probably won't like me by the time I'm through.

What's the deal with white v-neck t-shirts? Some folks put these in their essentials lists, but I want to determine under what circumstances. My grandfather always wore one under his outer shirt. Are you using them, as I am accustomed, underneath button-ups and sweaters? Or are you rocking them as your "main" shirt? Please tell me we aren't using old man undershirts now as some sort of fashion-forward staple and thinking it is cool. When I see a guy out in public in a plain white t-shirt, especially v-neck, I always think, well that guy didn't finished getting dressed, or he must be going to the gym or to cut the grass. It looks like underwear, people. What gives?

Jeans - So the dark tight jeans like I remember kids making fun of when I was in grade school are now fashionable? And don't get me started on the cuffs. Are you really buying ridiculous inseams just so you can cuff them? Attention shoppers - it makes you look like a little kid.

You talk about the nuances of fit, and yet praise the unwashed, black, stacked and cuffed look that, to me, is completely anti-fit. I'm all for a dark straight-legged jean, but some of your WAYWT photos are hilarious with your denim man-tights and darling little cuffs.

So it seems the uniform here is a gray/white/black (maybe graphic) t-shirt, dark tight jeans, and blinding white sneakers. Oh, and maybe one of those juvenile hoodies with skulls on it like the the 6th graders down the street wear.

Really? Is that the best that the young fashion-forward community can come up with? I came here because someone said there were a lot of cool looks to sample. To me, Maharlika is just about the only one of you who posts photos that make me think, man, that is cool! As for most of the rest of you...yawn.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Webb
So it seems the uniform here is a gray/white/black (maybe graphic) t-shirt, dark tight jeans, and blinding white sneakers. Oh, and maybe one of those juvenile hoodies with skulls on it like the the 6th graders down the street wear.

Where the hell have you been reading?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Check the IP addresses! This has got to be Maharlika in disguise
laugh.gif

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wear man leggin jeans, white v necks, and white sneakers
what are you going to do about it

Reaction score
I don't think that styleforvm is a place you go to find cutting-edge fashion-forward avante-futuristic whatever-whatevs; it is more about altogether avoiding looking too much the victim, making it work with classic pieces without having to empty the coffers, while incorporating the more interesting offerings from the great beyond.

David Webb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I'll pay good money to see a photo of you..

As deliciously naughty as that sounds, I'll pass. I'm not the style icon here, you guys are supposed to be. That's why I lurk - I want to educate myself and I'm constantly on the lookout for ideas I can incorporate. But this quest is frustrating because it seems like things have gotten really "uniform-y".

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Webb
As deliciously naughty as that sounds, I'll pass. I'm not the style icon here, you guys are supposed to be. That's why I lurk - I want to educate myself and I'm constantly on the lookout for ideas I can incorporate. But this quest is frustrating because it seems like things have gotten really "uniform-y".

Uh, the people here aren't style icons, we're just people posting pictures of ourselves on the internet. It sounds to me you just wanted an excuse to ***** about something.

If we don't know how you dress as it is, why should we give a **** whether or not you think the people here dress poorly? For all we know, you look like garbage.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Where the hell have you been reading?

Superfuture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads