1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is this suit appropriate for an interview? funeral?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kaczmar2, Feb 10, 2009.

1. kaczmar2

kaczmar2 Well-Known Member

This is a navy blue pinstripe suit that I have worn to a few weddings, etc. Would it be appropriate for a funeral or a job interview?

[​IMG]

Here is a closer view of the pinstripes:

[​IMG]

The camera flash seems to make the pinstripes more pronounced then they seem to me in person, but just looking for a few opinions. Thanks.

2. SVS

SVS Senior member

It looks fine to me. Is there a reason you think a blue pin-stripe wouldn't be acceptable?

3. penguin vic

penguin vic Senior member

I say:

Job interview = yes
    Funeral = maybe
    Wedding = no

But that's just me.

4. j

j Senior member Admin

It's kinda businessy for a funeral or wedding, but in reality, no one will probably fault you.

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

Yes to all these days. It will be seen as normal.

6. kaczmar2

kaczmar2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for everyone's input.

It looks fine to me. Is there a reason you think a blue pin-stripe wouldn't be acceptable?

The only reason I thought it might not be appropriate was that the pinstripe wasn't conservative enough, e.g. too bold. I work in software, not the financial or legal professions, so I am not around a lot of people that wear suits to work all of the time. When I do see suits on guys, they seem to be standard plain black or black.

Just didn't want to stand out in a "flashy" way, that's all.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

It's kinda businessy for a funeral or wedding, but in reality, no one will probably fault you.
    +1

I'd wear it to an interview but not to a funeral or wedding unless it was the only one I owned.

8. bespoken

bespoken Active Member

I'd say no to a funeral - it is a little too bold and makes too much of a statement. For an interview, it would depend on what the job was for. Otherwise it looks fine.