1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is this sport coat color versatile enough?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by crf3973, Jul 7, 2016.

1. crf3973

crf3973 New Member

Hey there, new to the forum as of today. I wanted to get some advice on this color sportcoat. This will be my first a sport coat and I only have enough money for one.

I decided against Navy as I wanted something a little bit lighter for my very light skin tone. I have baby blue color eyes. I went with this almost post office employee blue color. It has a faint woven texture and is a light wool fabric. Do you think something with this light of color would still be versatile as my only Sport coat?

I appreciate your help in advance.

[​IMG]

2. 1907jb

1907jb Well-Known Member

It's blue enough that it can be worn with gray wool pants and contrast, so I say it's versatile.

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

That being said those lapels are pretty skinny and overall from what I can tell of the fit it looks a bit big and shapeless on you. But colorwise, sure, looks good.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

The colour is fine, would say the fabric isnt great for a sports jacket to me unless you are limiting its use to just slacks (is that the correct americanism?) - it wouldnt work with jeans or chinos for me

5. Foli Creppy

Foli Creppy Member

Personally, I'm partial to Navy sport coats being the most versatile. But yes, your grey sports coat is light enough in color that it can be worn with a good range of darker and lighter colors.