• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this real Purple Label?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Faded501s
Nice find, BTW.

I agree, I love the look of that. I wish I were:
A. a 44L
B. a heartless & rich bastard, so I could outbid you.

rbjones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
One useful thing to look for is the color of the label.

Purple label labels are purple.

Blue label labels, as in the suit at auction, are blue.

Yes but depending on the camera used and lighting conditions, blue can look purple and purple can look blue, which is why I started this thread.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But you also ignored or chose to disregard what the seller wrote in the subhead of the listing, which identified the item as Blue Label.

rbjones

Reaction score
Yes and often time people don't understand exactly what they are selling, which was why I was able to buy brand new in season diesels for $60(im a diesel whore and know all about fakes, these were not), a brand new burberry london double breasted trench for 300, and a pair of handgrade c&j polo shoes for 180. I appreciate your scrutinization of my "rational" thought process but it seems you are now trying to prove to the rest of the board that I am an idiot, which is not the case. I am a noob, there is a difference. Now lets hug it out *****
smack.gif

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rbjones
Yes but depending on the camera used and lighting conditions, blue can look purple and purple can look blue, which is why I started this thread.

Yeah, that label sure looked purple on my monitor but it might be because I'm not used to seeing that font on blue labels (because now upon closer inspection it does look blue). Still a nice looking suit.

Who else makes suits stateside besides HSF and Oxxford?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rbjones
Yes and often time people don't understand exactly what they are selling, which was why I was able to buy brand new in season diesels for $60(im a diesel whore and know all about fakes, these were not), a brand new burberry london double breasted trench for 300, and a pair of handgrade c&j polo shoes for 180. I appreciate your scrutinization of my "rational" thought process but it seems you are now trying to prove to the rest of the board that I am an idiot, which is not the case. I am a noob, there is a difference. Now lets hug it out *****
smack.gif

I am a noob at niceness, at least this evening.

Sorry to be so cranky.

Sellers can be fools but as a seller [mostly] I always hope they won't be.

Buyers I won't talk about because I want y'all to buy my stuff
smile.gif

arenaissanceman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Faded501s
Yeah, that label sure looked purple on my monitor but it might be because I'm not used to seeing that font on blue labels (because now upon closer inspection it does look blue).

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads