• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is this Ok? Reselling Items with Customer Name Tags Included.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like some thoughts on the following:

I placed two orders for "MTO" items from a vendor and both items came to me with certain divergences from their descriptions and certain small flaws. They were not as ordered or as described, in other words. The vendor did not offer me much in the way of redress and was for a time unresponsive and apparently unwilling to accept a return. Ultimately, however, I returned the items for a full refund.

The vendor is now reselling the items at a steep discount (steeper than those offered to me to keep the items) and indicating that the items include an internal name tag identifying a customer. That customer is me. I never asked for these internal name tags and do not wish to be identified. Is it wrong for me to object to the vendor not first removing my name from the garments prior to resale? I'd think it common sense that one would respect the privacy of the customer by doing such a thing but apparently the vendor doesn't care and doesn't want to take the tags out itself (will have the end customer do that if they want). I value my privacy and am not happy with this.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be happy either if I were in your shoes, sorry to hear about it. I am not sure that you have any straightforward options to compel the vendor to remove the name tag.are there any privacy laws/regulations in your country that you can invoke?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be happy either if I were in your shoes, sorry to hear about it. I am not sure that you have any straightforward options to compel the vendor to remove the name tag.are there any privacy laws/regulations in your country that you can invoke?
I'm in the US and I don't think it's illegal. Really just wondering if I'm somehow unreasonable to get worked up over this sort of thing - I'm sure other people out there wouldn't be bothered. I'm not going to identify the vendor here. Appreciate the replies.

paxonus

Reaction score
What is on the tag other than your name? If nothing, what are you concerned about?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Psycho killer stalkers? You make a fair point. I'd rather not have the vendor share my name with someone I do not know. That's all.

maxalex

Reaction score
I'm in the US and I don't think it's illegal. Really just wondering if I'm somehow unreasonable to get worked up over this sort of thing - I'm sure other people out there wouldn't be bothered. I'm not going to identify the vendor here. Appreciate the replies.
I’m trying to understand why you would protect the name of the vendor given your displeasure with the situation; although perhaps barely, it is still technically legal to complain about corporate malfeasance in North America and the EU.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's