• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

is this Off White jacket legit or fake ,please help!

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked for an official Off White thread to pose this question but couldnt find one unless I'm blind so im asking in this thread.
ive tried to come up with an answer for a few weeks now and failed,so i ask the forum.
is this fake or just an older legit piece,you will note the street adress is seen on some some older pieces but the new pieces have the current Milan one.
thanks in advance

IMG_20180523_173123.jpg
IMG_20180523_173149.jpg
IMG_20180523_173232.jpg
IMG_20180523_173237.jpg
IMG_20180523_173256.jpg
IMG_20180523_173308.jpg
IMG_20180523_173324.jpg

il_colonnello

Reaction score
fake

Firstly, what is Off-White "TIVI" supposed to be? His items often say "MAIN LABEL", but that is tongue-in-cheek; there aren't any diffusion lines. Secondly, "Mirror Mirror" was the name of men's SS17, so no, it couldn't be from an older collection. Thirdly, I don't know there have been any (legit) Made in China pieces so far, but if there were, they would at the very least get the name of the country right in the various translations - this one always says "Chinese" where it should be Cina (Italian), Chine (French) and China (Spanish). Fourthly, and this is a dead giveaway, the small trademark symbol "TM" is missing everywhere. Genuine pieces have "TM" behind every occurrence of the label name, so either behind "Abloh" or behind "White" (if the "c/o..." bit is omitted), including on the "MAIN LABEL" label inside the neck, where it's missing twice on this piece. The only place where genuine items may also omit the "TM" is the name of the brand directly above the Milan street address (the address itself is fine btw), but it's missing again behind the smaller-print brand name at the bottom of both the fabric composition tag and the "Made in ..." tag.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's one of the most disgusting fingers I've seen in my life too.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fake

Firstly, what is Off-White "TIVI" supposed to be? His items often say "MAIN LABEL", but that is tongue-in-cheek; there aren't any diffusion lines. Secondly, "Mirror Mirror" was the name of men's SS17, so no, it couldn't be from an older collection. Thirdly, I don't know there have been any (legit) Made in China pieces so far, but if there were, they would at the very least get the name of the country right in the various translations - this one always says "Chinese" where it should be Cina (Italian), Chine (French) and China (Spanish). Fourthly, and this is a dead giveaway, the small trademark symbol "TM" is missing everywhere. Genuine pieces have "TM" behind every occurrence of the label name, so either behind "Abloh" or behind "White" (if the "c/o..." bit is omitted), including on the "MAIN LABEL" label inside the neck, where it's missing twice on this piece. The only place where genuine items may also omit the "TM" is the name of the brand directly above the Milan street address (the address itself is fine btw), but it's missing again behind the smaller-print brand name at the bottom of both the fabric composition tag and the "Made in ..." tag.

Thanks for your informed answer,I appreciate it.

Goos de Visser

Reaction score
And is this one real?! I want to know!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 114

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads