STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

is this Off White jacket legit or fake ,please help!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impuntura, Jun 13, 2018.

1. impuntura

impuntura Distinguished Member

I looked for an official Off White thread to pose this question but couldnt find one unless I'm blind so im asking in this thread.
    ive tried to come up with an answer for a few weeks now and failed,so i ask the forum.
    is this fake or just an older legit piece,you will note the street adress is seen on some some older pieces but the new pieces have the current Milan one.
    thanks in advance

IMG_20180523_173123.jpg IMG_20180523_173149.jpg IMG_20180523_173232.jpg IMG_20180523_173237.jpg IMG_20180523_173256.jpg IMG_20180523_173308.jpg IMG_20180523_173324.jpg

2. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior Member

fake

Firstly, what is Off-White "TIVI" supposed to be? His items often say "MAIN LABEL", but that is tongue-in-cheek; there aren't any diffusion lines. Secondly, "Mirror Mirror" was the name of men's SS17, so no, it couldn't be from an older collection. Thirdly, I don't know there have been any (legit) Made in China pieces so far, but if there were, they would at the very least get the name of the country right in the various translations - this one always says "Chinese" where it should be Cina (Italian), Chine (French) and China (Spanish). Fourthly, and this is a dead giveaway, the small trademark symbol "TM" is missing everywhere. Genuine pieces have "TM" behind every occurrence of the label name, so either behind "Abloh" or behind "White" (if the "c/o..." bit is omitted), including on the "MAIN LABEL" label inside the neck, where it's missing twice on this piece. The only place where genuine items may also omit the "TM" is the name of the brand directly above the Milan street address (the address itself is fine btw), but it's missing again behind the smaller-print brand name at the bottom of both the fabric composition tag and the "Made in ..." tag.

3. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior Member

That's one of the most disgusting fingers I've seen in my life too.

4. impuntura

Lol I was working on my bike that day.
    Next time I'll get a mani as not to offend you.

5. impuntura

Thanks for your informed answer,I appreciate it.