• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this Louis Vuitton t-shirt working for me?

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Does your school have a gym? Bulk up a bit. It'll make wearing clothes more enjoyable. And you won't feel so "small."

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What have my eyes done to deserve this?!?!

Why, Hermes-man II, why?!

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Richard Sveyda
Shirt looks great- shorts make you look silly- stay with the jeans.

First post. Did you sign up to SF just to give this advice?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just pray the people invoking Hermes Man are referring to the trollish aspect and not the designer label aspect (given that Hermes Man apparently refuses to buy anything but full-MSRP authentic goods and this is the utmost polar opposite).

And as for the people casually responding about shorts vs pants, well, they're already beyond prayer . . . .

jjosephs

Reaction score
What's all this Hermes-man business about? I'm not getting it...

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Read more threads. Post less.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjosephs
Do you think shirt is complimenting my short, slim frame?
No, doesn't complement it at all.

noxlord

Reaction score
I plan to wear this on the street, in class, and the occasional party. Do you think shirt is complimenting my short, slim frame? I'll be wearing them with straight leg dark blue jeans dark blue jeans.

dsc02012o.jpg

dsc02015o.jpg

dsc02016hp.jpg

dsc02017r.jpg

Did you cut your moustache to match the t-shirt design ??
fistbump.gif
well played !!

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking for the group, I think we all answered "no" before actually clicking on the link.

To the OP:

You are young and seem to mean well, so lose this t-shirt. You should dress for two reasons: 1. for yourself. 2. to impress hot chicks. This does not qualify.

Read here for a while and you will find a few things that will give you better ideas. Better yet, head on over to the Street Wear forum and get some ideas there, too.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trollface.png

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbbuff
Speaking for the group, I think we all answered "no" before actually clicking on the link. You are young and seem to mean well, so lose this t-shirt. You should dress for two reasons: 1. for yourself. 2. to impress hot chicks. This does not qualify.
LV makes plenty of nice plain tees for the people who don't mind spending $200-400 on cotton short-sleeve items. The ones with all-over monograms and/or "LOUIS VUITTON" in 5 places are never the real deal. (This rule does not apply to outerwear or accessories, sadly.)

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SF, jjosephs. Unfortunately, the folks on this forum will not be particularly receptive to the style that you are seeking to project with that t-shirt. Folks on this forum prefer talking about suits, ties, dress shoes, and custom tailoring. Hence the slew of offhanded remarks. As others have suggested, you could try the Streetwear & Denim section of this forum; however, I am unsure if you will have much better luck there, either. That said, I am not sure that t-shirt is particularly flattering. I am not a fan of the color, and the pattern. Its fit is reasonable, I suppose, given that it is a t-shirt. But there's not a whole lot I can say outside of that. However, if you are interested in improving your sense of classic style, you are more than welcome to stick around here. Once you get over the odd sense of humor (and snark), you will find that it is an enjoyable place with a lot to offer!

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I added a new pic at the end? Any better?

Better...

Go to the Streetwear forum, they will be more able than us to give you advice on that particular style.

oaw01

Reaction score
Of shirts are okay. You should get a ed Hardy with rhinestone that shot is hot ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads