is this lacoste real?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Slh, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Slh

Slh Senior member

I bought this lacoste some time ago, i have some doubt if it is real or not. Why there isn't the label which says where it is made? I noticed in noone of my lacoste there is that label. [​IMG]

2. Gwarg

Gwarg Senior member

SW&D might be able to help you.

3. Kentishman

Kentishman Senior member

It's becoming increasingly to tell with the labels and embroidering, as hooky ones (from official manufacturers) are increasingly easy to obtain.

4. SuitMyself

SuitMyself Senior member

It looks very authentic. I'm quite certain it's the real McCoy.

5. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

It is definitely getting hard to tell the fakes. The croc is in the right place, the croc seems to have the right details... buttons are in the right place with the right stitching, the label tag looks good with the coloration, eyes and little white dots... either this is real or it's such a good fake that without seeing the shirt in person it might be difficult to impossible to spot.

The place you got it from can sometimes be a clue - if it's from ebay billed as NWT I would be especially concerned, especially if it came from outside the USA. But that's no guarantee!

6. Slh

Slh Senior member

It is definitely getting hard to tell the fakes. The croc is in the right place, the croc seems to have the right details... buttons are in the right place with the right stitching, the label tag looks good with the coloration, eyes and little white dots... either this is real or it's such a good fake that without seeing the shirt in person it might be difficult to impossible to spot. The place you got it from can sometimes be a clue - if it's from ebay billed as NWT I would be especially concerned, especially if it came from outside the USA. But that's no guarantee!
    I got in a regular shop here ( physical not an online store )

7. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

i was in the new lacoste store at park ave south and 29th street in NYC what crap!!! i bet the counterfeits are nicer.
    I have a couple of Lacoste polos, and I'm happy with them. However, I do somewhat agree -- polos from Ralph Lauren or Lacoste are mega mass produced garments made by huge machines and unskilled laborers from unexceptional materials. A fake would have to be really bad before I would let it bother me.

8. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

I have a couple of Lacoste polos, and I'm happy with them.

However, I do somewhat agree -- polos from Ralph Lauren or Lacoste are mega mass produced garments made by huge machines and unskilled laborers from unexceptional materials. A fake would have to be really bad before I would let it bother me.

well said 1+

9. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

i was in the new lacoste store at park ave south and 29th street in NYC
    what crap!!!
    i bet the counterfeits are nicer.

I have a couple of Lacoste polos, and I'm happy with them.

However, I do somewhat agree -- polos from Ralph Lauren or Lacoste are mega mass produced garments made by huge machines and unskilled laborers from unexceptional materials. A fake would have to be really bad before I would let it bother me.

well said 1+

Let me just +1 to that too.

10. Slh

Slh Senior member

i'm happy with it too. Maybe the quality is not what was back then, but the quality is still good.

11. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

why dont people just buy at legit stores at full price and never ever have to worry about stuff being fake or not..they only 85 bucks or something.

12. Slh

Slh Senior member

i bought it in a legit store, not a lacoste store though.

13. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

why dont people just buy at legit stores at full price and never ever have to worry about stuff being fake or not..they only 85 bucks or something.

$85 is way too much for the damn lizard.
    i have seen no name polo's for a lot less money, that were much nicer then the garment i saw in the store. the needle seemed fine, but the quality of cotton/yarn was nothing special.
    labor and materials on that garment is way under $10.

I have very old lacoste shirts that are much nicer.