• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this kiton suit worth the price?

themurph

Reaction score
Considering you can buy lightly used (worn a hand full of times) Kiton suits on Ebay between 250-600 dollars a pop no. If buying a suit new is a must then that's subjective. Usually you can buy new Kiton suits for less on Ebay though. A lot of these people selling them new live within the manufacturing area and buy old stock and such for a fraction of the price. Look at a bunch of these sellers stores or pages and see what they have listed. If you find one with many NWT Italian suits and they are all OBO fixed price postings then they will usually let them go for a good amount less.

Best of luck!

thecopinator

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, its the styling to it that im mostly drawn to as I Am finding it extremely hard to find a double breasted suit in my size of a decent make. I just dont want to be THAT much over paying for it

themurph

Reaction score
If you like it that much and you must have it don't worry about the price. I do have to say though with your price range you could go mtm/bespoke just not with the likes of Kiton/Brioni/Oxxford and such. Holland and Sherry has some nice offerings and you would get the perfect fit. Realistically this Kiton could have some fit issues and then you are throwing around another 200 for alterations. Also you could buy it try it on at home and realize it's not gonna work and have to go through the fun Ebay return process.

TOstyle

Reaction score
Good luck with the wear on cashmere/silk pants. That'll last two seasons at most!

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@thecopinator, that suit is offered by theworldsfinest. Its owner, Ian, is also a member here and a very decent bloke. I'd suggest you contact him and see if you can work something out.
FWIW, as much as I love high end stuff, I think Kiton is seriously overpriced.

thecopinator

Reaction score

@thecopinator, that suit is offered by theworldsfinest. Its owner, Ian, is also a member here and a very decent bloke. I'd suggest you contact him and see if you can work something out.
FWIW, as much as I love high end stuff, I think Kiton is seriously overpriced.
What is his tag, and I agree as well however the styling in this is what I'm aiming for that I have not been able to find in others

TOstyle

Reaction score
Yeah it's not the most durable fabric and wears easily. It's unusual to have pants made out of cashmere/silk - jackets sure, but there is a reason wool dominates for pants.

It's soft as can be, but not the most practical choice.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is his tag, and I agree as well however the styling in this is what I'm aiming for that I have not been able to find in others

TheWorldsFinest . This is his affiliate thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/69319/www-shopthefinest-com-affiliate-thread
I had a second look at that suit but is that really the style you like? I mean, flapped patch pockets... four of them (two breast pockets!)?
uhoh.gif

Not exactly the topic, but came across these so call Kiton cashmere, or at least "made for Kiton"
any comment on them ?

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Quality-En...80574016&_sid=958854746&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

That's an Ebay seller with a good reputation and some members here have done business with him. So you can be pretty sure the stuff is legit, if that's your concern. And you can also be sure it will wear out extremely quickly. Kiton likes its cashmere even softer than most, so durability suffers accordingly.

Last edited:

pendragon

Reaction score
Ian has a store in LA, so if you are local you can go and try it on. HIs prices are about 65% lower than Nieman, Saks etc. so good value. Whether you think Kiton is overpriced is another matter.

thecopinator

Reaction score

TheWorldsFinest . This is his affiliate thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/69319/www-shopthefinest-com-affiliate-thread
I had a second look at that suit but is that really the style you like? I mean, flapped patch pockets... four of them (two breast pockets!)? :uhoh:

That's an Ebay seller with a good reputation and some members here have done business with him. So you can be pretty sure the stuff is legit, if that's your concern. And you can also be sure it will wear out extremely quickly. Kiton likes its cashmere even softer than most, so durability suffers accordingly.

The jacket has 2 chest pockets :confused:
It is moreso the weight of the suit and the double breasted style that I am interested that I am having trouble finding in a size as slim as I am. Open to suggestions however always hate paying retail

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is moreso the weight of the suit and the double breasted style that I am interested that I am having trouble finding in a size as slim as I am. Open to suggestions however always hate paying retail

Why not go bespoke then? For that budget it must be possible and you can have your suit exactly the way you want it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads