• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this Jacket the right size?

Star

Reaction score
Hello All,

Looking for feedback on this white jacket I have in terms of fit. I am slightly paranoid that it may look too big and goofy.

If anyone had any comment they are welcome including what else could be done to it. I did have the sleeves shortened and the shoulder area taken in a little. It's a size 51 and I am a 5,10 thin but broad shouldered.

Thanks

White%201.jpg

&

White%202.jpg

&

White%203.jpg

&

White%204.jpg

&

White%205.jpg

modmica

Reaction score
51 euro, I'm assuming? Yes, it looks big through the shoulders, but it's hard to tell what's really going on there. Do you have a picture of yourself wearing a jacket that you think fits well? That would help to see how far away from 'ideal' you are.

Star

Reaction score
Yes I do have a well fitting (or atleast I think so) black Hugo Boss jacket from their Orange Collection. Funnily enough I was in their store the other day and they had a white jacket on their manequin. At this point don't want to put my neck out for another one in white. I have some MTM shirts coming through in next week or so and the budget needs to cover them which is both a good and bad thought : )

See below

Black%201.jpg

and

Black%202.jpg

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to the black, the white is ok, too.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It looks a bit big through the shoulders and body; most noticeably in the second to last picture.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the sleeves on both jackets are too long.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a buttoned picture would be really helpful. I think its hard to say otherwise but looks pretty good.

modmica

Reaction score
The black jacket seems to match your shoulder slope better. I looks like you have big trap muscles (or whatever that upper back/lower neck muscle is). I think that is what is causing the white jacket to look a bit funky compared to the black.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like you have a dropped right shoulder & the jacket sleeves were tailored to different lengths. The dropped shoulder is most clear to me in the picture of the back of the white jacket. You can see the wrinkling & popped center vent caused by it.

The sleeves look a little long but the fit on both the jackets is good enough for me. They don't look obviously too big or obviously too small. And they are casual jackets so there is no urgent need for a precise fit.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
And the sleeves on both jackets are too long.

Yup.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics