• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is this jacket a three-button or three-roll-two?

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tim_horton
As the title says:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2195-GIANLUCA-IS...item58898ac294

I like the color, but I'm afraid it looks like a three-button jacket (which doesn't look that good on me, IMO) and also looks a bit like an orphaned suit jacket.

It's exactly as you say. A three button suit jacket. But I personally am of the opinion that a simple solid jacket, either navy or dark grey, sans any kind of pinstripes, etc, can double as a sports coat, and still look well put together.

I do like more aggressive patterned cloth in some sports coats as well, but I personally don't see the major fault in wearing a dark grey or dark navy suit coat as a sports coat on occasion.

But your methods may vary. And I don't claim to be an expert of any kind.

Guero

Reaction score
In my experience, Isaia suits do not come with the small pouch for the buttons made of the same material as the coat. Only the sportcoats do. Hence, this is a sportcoat and not an orphaned suit jacket. I can see, though, why you have a question about whether it's 3 button or 3/2. You'd really have to see the top button hole and its relation to the lapel, which unfortunately is not pictured. My guess is that this is 3/2, as a straight 3 button tends to have a more clearly defined lapel fold above the 3rd button, but it's definitely not clear from these pics. Good luck.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.