• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this how this fits? (Leather Moto jacket)

miracle max

Reaction score
Just picked up this jacket.

Its from a small Chicago Co. called "straight to hell". They make leather jackets, and this one is called the commando. Its there take on a classic American style leather motorcycle jacket with a tight, fitted look.

I have been wanting this type of coat forever so i ordered it in a size 42. my normal size.

Here is how it fits:

100_0532.jpg

100_0533.jpg

100_0534.jpg

100_0535.jpg

100_0536.jpg

100_0537.jpg

Is this correct? Ive never owned this type of jacket before. Its made out of high quality buffalo hide. How much do these "break in" I kinda feel like robo cop wearing it
laugh.gif
Since im walking around so stiff.

Im worried if i get a 44, then it might be to big. the 42 fits but zipped up its kinda hard to put my arms up. kinda hard to even get my hands in the side pockets of the jacket.

I know they arent the best pics, but any help is appreciated........

Vaio

Reaction score
looks pretty good. if it doesn't end up working for you, the Temple of Jawnz offers a jacket in a similar fashion!

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you have a considerable belly, which would explain why the waist is tight yet the shoulders are off, I'd say the cut is off on this, I'd return and get another better fitting jacket.

miracle max

Reaction score
Mmmmm one say it fits ok, one says no?

Any others?

And i dont have a belly, im almost 6'2'' and 179 pounds. So maybe the fit is really off?

altemp

Reaction score
Looks alright, hard to tell. Kind of makes you look like you have a gut, though. Sizing up would definitely be a mistake though.

miracle max

Reaction score
Yea sizing up would definitely be no good...... Maybe it is the cut of the jacket. I definitely dont want a jacket that turns my skinny ass into a hill billy gut man.

Fuuuck...... ordering online sucksssss.

AlbertCamus

Reaction score
The jacket definitely looks like it has a nice fit but it kind of looks a little off on you, dunno why. From that back it looks like you have a rather thin waist but then from the front it makes you look like you have a bit of a gut, It's hard to tell if that's actually true, or if it's because the jacket is too tight, or if it's lighting or something. But it looks great unzipped, and really, how often do you need to lift your arms straight up?

Would you say it is true to size based on what you ordered?

Anyone else know about this company? I've been looking at some options like blackscissors but this appeals to me. Is buffalo leather a good or bad thing?

miracle max

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlbertCamus
The jacket definitely looks like it has a nice fit but it kind of looks a little off on you, dunno why. From that back it looks like you have a rather thin waist but then from the front it makes you look like you have a bit of a gut, It's hard to tell if that's actually true, or if it's because the jacket is too tight, or if it's lighting or something. But it looks great unzipped, and really, how often do you need to lift your arms straight up?

Would you say it is true to size based on what you ordered?

Anyone else know about this company? I've been looking at some options like blackscissors but this appeals to me. Is buffalo leather a good or bad thing?

laugh.gif

I have a 31 waist.

as far as true to fit, im not to sure. Im a 42 jacket and this 42 fits "ok". As you can see in the photos.

puddin

Reaction score
the shoulders look quite a bit too big, but i don't see a problem otherwise

Binker

Reaction score
the fit looks off because the sleeves are too short. fits pretty solid everywhere else

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulders are off, but everywhere else it fits pretty well. Much much better than most leather jackets I see, I would keep it. I wouldn't worry about being able to put arms "up" because unless you're going to be hoisting things above your head while wearing this jacket fully zipped up, does it really matter? I have plenty of things which are slim enough in the shoulders/chest that I can't lift stuff, but it's not an issue. When am I ever going to be lifting things in a blazer or overcoat?

miracle max

Reaction score
Well im kinda torn now on wether to keep it or return it.

It was a between this and the perfect by schott.

Do the perfecto's fit better then these?

I do see what everyone is talking about the the shoulder. The do seem kinda big for 42 jacket. How much do these stretch? When it breaks in will it gain a little hear and there?

xxx= still never tryed/done "drugs".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads