• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this GIANLUCA ISAIA NAPOLI suit worth it?

Rylsa

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just won an auction for a gianluca iasia napoli suit on eBay for £90. Do you think it is worth it? Please do give me your honest opinions please... thank you!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIANLUCA-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edit: Does anyone know how old this suit is as well? If I'm not wrong this should be an old suit maybe from 2006? I did some research and topics where people were talking about these suits were about 2006/7. If that is true I wonder how come the seller would have listed it as 'brand new without tags', because I don't think it is possible to have a suit lying around untouched for so many years. Would this be a bargain? Thanks for all your opinions!

Last edited:

Rylsa

Reaction score
Would the quality be better than that of a Canali suit?

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On par, I would say.
Here is the hierarchical suit quality list

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit late to ask now. Buyer's remorse set in already?

Pay up and enjoy your fortune (?) or mistake.

Rylsa

Reaction score
I didn't say that I am not paying. I just wanted to know if I got a good deal that's all. I really do want to know the true age of the suit & the quality of these suits though, if any one of you suit gurus know - thanks!

Last edited:

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's an excellent deal. The jacket and pants do look unworn. Isia is a great brand. What are you worried about?

Edit: SeaJen already linked you to a hierarchical list of suit brands, compiled by styleforum members. Your suit comes under the Very Good[****] (IE: Few suits match the quality of the ones in this category.)

Last edited:

Rylsa

Reaction score
It's just that I was a bit confused about the diffusion line and the main line. I read that Isaia main line suits are of great quality while the former isn't that good. Yeah, I read through the list just now.. Are these suit models pretty old though, despite being unworn? I heard that the new models have a red tag or something? Was hoping someone well versed in Isaia could give me some pointers. Thanks again!

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert on Isaia suits, but do understand that 'pretty old' when it comes to menswear has a different meaning from when it is used in everyday life. It's not like business attire changes so much from year to year. Many sellers would list a 5-6 year old Brooks Brothers suit as 'recent label' and rightly so. You see people here rocking 20 year old suits and looking awesome in them. So, 'old' shouldn't be confused with 'dated'. Your suit may be 6-7 years old but is absolutely not dated (think super low gorge, heavily padded extended shoulders, unvented rear, etc. for examples of dated suits).

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is definitely the real deal mainline isaia .... So construction wise its top notch. That being said this looks to be a suit that's close to 8 to 10 years old ... Around 4 generations just by looking at the tags ... Also its a used suit .... If its in perfect used condition with no signs of wear then its a decent deal ... But then its a black suit with Brown strip not the most versatile color/pattern ...

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, so I just won an auction for a gianluca iasia napoli suit on eBay for £90. Do you think it is worth it? Please do give me your honest opinions please... thank you! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIANLUCA-ISAIA-NAPOLI-SUPER-130S-STRIPED-SUIT-40R-W34-X-L30-BRAND-NEW-/390817615938?pt=UK_Men_s_Suits_Tailoring&autorefresh=true&hash=item5afe8b9042&nma=true&si=uXvesHHVbAhzGV1QuWLoezwGUww%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edit: Does anyone know how old this suit is as well? If I'm not wrong this should be an old suit maybe from 2006? I did some research and topics where people were talking about these suits were about 2006/7. If that is true I wonder how come the seller would have listed it as 'brand new with tags', because I don't think it is possible to have a suit lying around untouched for so many years. Would this be a bargain? Thanks for all your opinions!

It probably is NWT. I recently bought a sportcoat online that is from 2007.
All tags are attached and pockets sewn shut and cuff biuttons unattached.
The store in New York from which it came went out of business a few years
ago and their stock still shows up brand new on the internet.

Last edited:

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you qualify this as new with tags when the sleeves are finished which they usually come unfinished except the ones sold in Europe and the pants are shortened and hemmed.... The only case where this was considered new was this could be made for someone and the person never picked it up or this was a new OTR suit the guy finished the sleeved and hemmed the pants but never wore it and decided to eBay it after it sat in his closets in a few years.... But whatever the case is I would not call this suit NWT as a brand new OTR Isaia suit I can buy from Saks

GHo

Reaction score
Nice suit. Is it vented? If you are having 2nd thoughts, get at me.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Holland and Sherry I want? 2 piece suit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads